Pentair Globrite replacement option

S

Srqpoolguy

Hello. My name is Justin and I Am a certified pool contractor down in Sarasota florida and also handle warranty work for several large companies (pentair and Hayward). It has come to my attention the pentair globrite lights have a huge failure rate. The housings all crack in the same spot toward the back and spider up the seam on the side and let water into the housing and it shorts the light out. The newer globrites seem to have a bit better build but for those of you who want a easy and diffferent option jandy now makes a Hydrocool P series light that will absolutely fit the globrite niche and also sync to automation (pentair) using the intellibrite color scheme. These lights are better built and slightly brighter. They literally just thread right into the niche via small threads in the niche I am have replaced about 40-50 globrites last year alone most under warranty and can recommend these jandy P series lights for an alternative without having to add adapters or other non sence. The light comes with its own tool for install and comes with several color snap on face rings to match your current light face colors as well as half covered lenses for directing light up or down etc. I just wanted others to know if you have had a bad experience with globrites going bad there is a better alternative that will sync and pull just as easy as the OEM. They come in 50-100-150 ft cords. If you have just white LEDs the normal jandy 12watt Hydrocool will also fit perfectly. The P series refers to the color scheme and sync to Pentair systems. If only white this does not matter. Thanks and happy winter. I normally do not recommend other brands like this but I have never seen so many failures of a product ever. It's bad. They have a manufacturing or design issue on the globrite. The microbrite isn't much better. Also jandy makes a H series that also fits haywards 320 colorlogic niche and color scheme. I applaud jandy for this and more and more of these companies will be going to offer more sync friendly options in the future. Also the ichlor 30 cells have a bit of a issue latley as well. But that's for a different post. Peace and good will!! These are just a few I've pulled and you can see they crack in the same spot every single time. Something is wrong.

IMG_3827.jpegIMG_3573.jpegIMG_3462.jpeg71155458503__03EA05BB-F183-4A15-8CF2-B966E865BA6C.jpeg

Thanks for that intelligence from the field.

In case you are not aware Fluidra, Jandy's parent, bought CMP who has the Brilliant Wonders LED lights that have J-Style, P-Style, H-Style, for the different automation systems. It looks like those Jandy Hydrocool lights came from CMP.

We also try and steer members away from the iChlor30 and the Jandy TruClear. They are both low quality budget products with reliability issues.

Thanks for posting this information. I was looking at the Jandy Hydrocool P several months ago and was wondering how/if they would fit the globrite niche. Also wondered if they would fit the microbrite to globrite adapter.

--Jeff

I haven't tried this specific light but have tried about 20 of their pool lights and Intellibrite replacements and haven't had a failure yet. I have 4 in my own pool that are almost 6 years old and run every night from sunset to 10 PM.

The info says it comes with an adapter for the globrite niche?

Those CMP's look promising too

Reactions: mknauss
correct on the ownership. The adapter thing I am not sure. Pool tone from sunseeker can't always garentee their light shows are going to match with your automation. Also two of the led lights I've personally got from them failed within a few months. Not a huge fan personally. I do know that JnJ colorsplash led bulbs do sync to jandy and pentair and maybe? Hayward if u have incandescent bulbs and swap to their colorsplash bulb. I have used those a ton and they convert your normal light the a led without pulling a whole light. I have in my whole career seen maybe a handful of actuall led lights last longer than 5 years. I am a bigger fan of normal incandescent fixtures with led bulbs. That's just my experience in the last 16 years of pulling lights. And yes to date I've counted a total of 84 globrites since 2021 I've pulled due to cracking. 23 we're still under warranty. Lol. Absolutely horrible. Ps. Just reached out to jandy and pentair. Neither one will confirm the microbrite adapter working. These companies are silly sometimes. Just like you can absolutely run a intelliflo pump on a jandy rs system provided newer firmware but jandy will not help you. Lol. Anyway best of luck to everyone. When doing lights always make sure automation is absolutely compatible. Sometimes they say that but technically any light can hook up to any relay or switch and "work".

As someone who is in the process of having a pool built, and has already had the Globrite Niches installed before seeing these issues, I truly appreciate this post. I have not yet purchased the lights themselves. Do you have an exact part number for the Hydrocool P series lights that will fit the Pentair Globrite Niches? I'm only seeing nicheless versions when I try to search, so want to ensure I am getting the correct ones that will fit. I'm shipping to the Caribbean, so if I choose the wrong thing, returning to the store won't be an easy option for me.

Disclaimer: (I'm a homeowner, not a pool person). ;)

Hello. My name is Justin and I Am a certified pool contractor down in Sarasota florida and also handle warranty work for several large companies (pentair and Hayward). It has come to my attention the pentair globrite lights have a huge failure rate. The housings all crack in the same spot toward the back and spider up the seam on the side and let water into the housing and it shorts the light out. The newer globrites seem to have a bit better build but for those of you who want a easy and diffferent option jandy now makes a Hydrocool P series light that will absolutely fit the globrite niche and also sync to automation (pentair) using the intellibrite color scheme. These lights are better built and slightly brighter. They literally just thread right into the niche via small threads in the niche I am have replaced about 40-50 globrites last year alone most under warranty and can recommend these jandy P series lights for an alternative without having to add adapters or other non sence. The light comes with its own tool for install and comes with several color snap on face rings to match your current light face colors as well as half covered lenses for directing light up or down etc. I just wanted others to know if you have had a bad experience with globrites going bad there is a better alternative that will sync and pull just as easy as the OEM. They come in 50-100-150 ft cords. If you have just white LEDs the normal jandy 12watt Hydrocool will also fit perfectly. The P series refers to the color scheme and sync to Pentair systems. If only white this does not matter. Thanks and happy winter. I normally do not recommend other brands like this but I have never seen so many failures of a product ever. It's bad. They have a manufacturing or design issue on the globrite. The microbrite isn't much better. Also jandy makes a H series that also fits haywards 320 colorlogic niche and color scheme. I applaud jandy for this and more and more of these companies will be going to offer more sync friendly options in the future. Also the ichlor 30 cells have a bit of a issue latley as well. But that's for a different post. Peace and good will!! These are just a few I've pulled and you can see they crack in the same spot every single time. Something is wrong.

View attachment 552112View attachment 552113View attachment 552114View attachment 552115
This article HITS IT ON THE HEAD! I am tired of replacing BAD PENTAIR LIGHTS. Can the public purchase the Jandy P series lights? If yes please advise as to where. If not, can I purchase from you? THANK YOU!!!!

correct on the ownership. The adapter thing I am not sure. Pool tone from sunseeker can't always garentee their light shows are going to match with your automation. Also two of the led lights I've personally got from them failed within a few months. Not a huge fan personally. I do know that JnJ colorsplash led bulbs do sync to jandy and pentair and maybe? Hayward if u have incandescent bulbs and swap to their colorsplash bulb. I have used those a ton and they convert your normal light the a led without pulling a whole light. I have in my whole career seen maybe a handful of actuall led lights last longer than 5 years. I am a bigger fan of normal incandescent fixtures with led bulbs. That's just my experience in the last 16 years of pulling lights. And yes to date I've counted a total of 84 globrites since 2021 I've pulled due to cracking. 23 we're still under warranty. Lol. Absolutely horrible. Ps. Just reached out to jandy and pentair. Neither one will confirm the microbrite adapter working. These companies are silly sometimes. Just like you can absolutely run a intelliflo pump on a jandy rs system provided newer firmware but jandy will not help you. Lol. Anyway best of luck to everyone. When doing lights always make sure automation is absolutely compatible. Sometimes they say that but technically any light can hook up to any relay or switch and "work".
SRCpool guy, Can I please hire you to replace 2-Pentair Globright lights with Hydrocool P series? Our pool is 3 years 4 months old. Both lights are out. (1 replaced 10 month ago under warranty and now out) Now both out of warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunatelty I cannot find CMP 25503-560-050P anywhere in stock.
Fluidra, Jandys owner, and now the owner of CMP restricts the retail sale of most of their products. It need to be bought through an authorized dealer.

Contact CMP and ask where you can buy the lights…

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

View attachment 552112View attachment 552113View attachment 552114View attachment 552115
Srqpoolguy, I live in Bradenton can I get you to replace my Pentair Globrite with a Jandy? If so how can I contact you? Not sure of the protocol on this forum.

Thank you so much for this info. I'm dealing with this exact issue at one of my customers. Fyi I've had multiple failures on Hayward Color Logic also. Will Jandy sync with them?

This depends on the type of controler you have. If it's haywards new Omni 4.8 I believe they do control pentair and jandy light shows. Any light will "work" with any automation but limited to the actual color and shows that sync. If you have a basic Hayward system and have colorlogic lights already then they most likely will not sync right. Would have to turn the light relay or switch on and off to get desired colors. What system is controlling the lights? Automation? Standard wall switch? If they are colorlogic 320 style (1.5") style then jandy also makes a H series that is a direct replacement

Attachments

• IMG_5106.png
    IMG_5106.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 6
Both of my Pentair lights failed before the 3 year warranty period. 3 Pentair lights of my neighbor failed just after the warranty period. I called Pentair and was told that the lights were defective and the agreed to replace the bulbs both labor and material. They did the same for my neighbor even though warranty had expired. I was told that the new lights were manufactured differently so that water intrusion would not be an issue with the new lights. Guess what, after 6 months one of the replacement lights has failed. Calling Pentair tomorrow to see what they are going to do.

Both of my Pentair lights failed before the 3 year warranty period. 3 Pentair lights of my neighbor failed just after the warranty period. I called Pentair and was told that the lights were defective and the agreed to replace the bulbs both labor and material. They did the same for my neighbor even though warranty had expired. I was told that the new lights were manufactured differently so that water intrusion would not be an issue with the new lights. Guess what, after 6 months one of the replacement lights has failed. Calling Pentair tomorrow to see what they are going to do.
Does your new light have a manufacture date after Jan 2024? I heard that is when they updated the body to fix this issue. They might have sent an old stock light again.

Confirmed the new body Globrite started manufacture on 12/15/2023. If you already had it for 6 months then it was still the old style that fails. I have little confidence the new ones will be much better though.

Last edited:
I am going on my 4th set of lights from Pentair. I have the Globrite white lights and was wondering if i could upgrade to the Jandy color changing lights without adding an additional adapter. I have the easy touch wireless control system less than 5 years old. I also live in Bradenton Florida near Lakewood ranch.

Last edited by a moderator: