Pentair EasyTouch remote has " NO COMM "

tashimoto

Jun 22, 2023
New York
Hi all, perhaps @ogdento or @Pool Clown can help - so I have a easytouch 8 and 4 pool and spa indoor control panel (this is not a remote). We had a storm last Wed (in NY), lightening/thunder, etc. Since the storm the control panel (in our home) is displaying 'no comm'. Normally we turn on lights, heat, etc from the panel in our home before going outside to use pool. Because indoor panel is not working we have been manually putting on spa, pool heat, etc. We have guests coming for a long stay and would like to get in door panel working again. Our pool guy was over and said perhaps the indoor control panel is busted, I'm not sure, perhaps. Wondered if anyone has experienced this with an indoor panel 'no comms' issue (again not wireless remote), from reading string indoor control panel and outdoor unit (Pentair Compool To EasyTouch) are not in communicado. Thanks all.

Attachments

• Easy Touch Indoor Control Panel .jpg
    Easy Touch Indoor Control Panel .jpg
    50 KB · Views: 9
T,

It appears that you have an indoor wired remote.

It sounds like you have lost your com port..

What else, if anything, do you have that uses the com port?? Maybe an IntelliFlo pump or SWCG, or??

I ask because it would be nice to know if the com port is working for other things. A good example would be the EasyTouch controlling different pump speeds. If the com port is working than your wired remote has to be bad, or the wiring between the EasyTouch and the remote is bad.

Let's see what Tom has to say about it.. Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yeah, Jim's on the right track... you've got to figure out if your indoor board is broken or if it's the wiring or another device on your system (or the outdoor board). So you've got to see if anything else can talk to the outdoor board.

hey tashimoto,
i'm curious about your tests and why you think the motherboard is dead (and do you mean the outdoor board or still just the indoor controller?)

1. does the outdoor board work with the indoor unit disconnected?
2. do you have anything other than the indoor board that also uses the comm port (like a vs pump, salt cell, or screenlogic), and do those work without the indoor board connected?

Try powering off the main control panel. Shut off all circuit breakers. First turn off any active pool functions on the panel. Then flip off all the circuit breakers. Wait a minute and flip all back on. It has worked for me in the past... the old Crt Alt Del.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.