Pentair EasyTouch Communication Timeout

FoxItAll

In The Industry
Feb 5, 2024
Tampa, Florida
New EasyTouch 4 Panel and Wireless Remote. Had it communicating for a week or more and then it stopped. The remote says No Comm but also flashes Communication Timeout. With all this happening, you can not access the Menu to adjust any settings or address reprogramming. Called Tech Support. Told me he never heard nor seen that before. Said to claim warranty.

Anyone seen this before? Checked all wires and removed batteries from the remote for 10 minutes. Antenna board has power, 485 light blinks randomly, RF light is not powered on and doesn't come on when attempting to use the remote.

Yeah, when the wireless remote can't talk to the outdoor board it keeps popping up the annoying timeout errors... but it can't communicate so even if the annoying message wasn't showing you won't be able to change anything with the remote. You should be able to change settings at the outdoor board though... let us know if you can't

As for the remote not communicating, try re-setting the address

Reactions: FoxItAll
May not be related, but I battled for days with No Comm for phone app.
I finally got an in house controller and I had No Comm on that also. I decided to take a shot in the dark and replaced the 4-pin female connector on the outdoor board. Communication fired right up.
This was on a brand new EasyTouch (Compool upgrade) panel.