Pentair Easytouch Button Not working

Robbo

May 30, 2010
Just North of Toronto
Hello everyone I have a pentair easytouch panel that is over ten years old (see pic). The down arrow button has essentially stopped working. Of course as you scroll through menus and select an option, you then use the up and down buttons to adjust the settings so this button is essential. Any ideas on what I can do if anything? Is this repairable?

thanks in advance

IMG_0818.jpeg

Rob,

The actual buttons are part of the main card and sure look replaceable to me. Probable could swap an unused working button for the bad one. Well... maybe not.. :mrgreen: See below

That said, let's see if Tom has any better ideas.. Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
I would buy new buttons rather than try to pull one off... It's too easy to damage the board and the button, and a new part is like 45 cents

buy your replacements from a reputable electronics supplier rather than using @mazon cheapo parts (I've used cheap ones, and I will never again). I got these blue buttons from Mouser last time (C&K PTS645SM95SMTR92LFS):

IMG_20230321_214618584~2.jpg

A few tips:
  • I hand soldered the replacements, which isn't what they recommend, but I don't have a reflow oven.
  • If you're using a hot air gun to remove the old one, be sure to shield the other parts so you don't melt the other button actuators (the blue "stems" in the above photo).
  • Clean off the pads with some solder wick before fixing the new button or it will be mis-aligned (think leaning tower of Pisa)
  • The actuator length you want is 9.5mm

Reactions: Jimrahbe
I've never made any videos about it but there's lot of stuff on youtube about removing components. I kindof like the videos by Mr. SolderFix and Dave at eevblog. Here's a Mr SolderFix video on removing parts:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.