Pentair EasyTouch 8 Wireless Controller not responding

ARSayeed

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2013
Dove Canyon, CA
Hello TFPer's! I just moved into a new home in California from Leawood, KS and I have a Pentair Easytouch System with an EasyTouch 8 Wireless handheld controller only - no installed wall unit. The controller seems to be working meaning when the main control panel has "pool light" activated, it is also activated on the handheld. The date, temps are syncing. The problem I have is that when I want to turn off the pool light from the handheld, the device will not respond. After about 30 seconds it says "communication timeout". I've cut power to the main panel, turned off breakers, hit the reset button on the main control panel, resyncd the handheld and it still does not respond. Any ideas?

@Paul - yes they actually sync up when I follow the procedure to send wireless address and it is found. I just can't operate anything from the handheld - if the waterfall is on - the light on handheld shows it is on but I can't turn it off unless I go to the main panel by the equipment outside.

@rphpool - antenna? where should there be an antenna? i don't see one - maybe that's the problem?

Look for something that looks like this. If you stand right in front of the main panel with the remote and push buttons on it, does it not do anything?

ET antenna.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.