Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Afternoon poolers.

I am on my third Pentair Dolphin 920. These things keep messing up, and of course now I am out of warranty.

This latest one worked all last season and about a month into this season. Here's the weird thing. The last two ended up with the same issue: I'd turn it on and it would go five feet then turn off. This one works just fine...provided it doesn't attempt to go up a wall. Once it gets anywhere past level, it shuts off.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue before? Is there a fix? I'm to the point now where I'm just going to buy cheap cleaners and just know that I'll have to buy a new one every 2nd season or something.

As usual, appreciate you all.

Corey,

Sounds like the robot is failing its self test.

About the only thing that the owner can 'fix' is when string, or hair, gets wrapped about the impeller shaft.

Just takes a Phillips screw driver, but you have to actually remove the impeller and look at the shaft where it goes into the motor box.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: cgabb5
Corey,

Sounds like the robot is failing its self test.

About the only thing that the owner can 'fix' is when string, or hair, gets wrapped about the impeller shaft.

Just takes a Phillips screw driver, but you have to actually remove the impeller and look at the shaft where it goes into the motor box.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. I’ve actually already taken it apart and cleared the impeller as an issue. No tie ups at all.

Appreciate the response!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.