Manor
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just had to stop in a say that I had to contact Pentair today regarding a problem with my UltraTemp 140H/C. I was blown away at the level of service I was provided and the extra effort the rep I spoke with took to make sure I had everything I needed, encouraging me to complete the registration of the rest of my equipment (which my builder didn't point out), and promptly confirming that the issue I thought I was having was indeed and issue and getting service scheduled to resolve it.

That's all. It isn't everyday anymore people have a positive experience they feel like writing about so I thought I would.

This should be noted by other Heat Pump shoppers who come by this thread.

One of the issues many people have is finding warranty support and service for their Heat Pump. The warranty on paper is worthless if there is no one in your area to service it. Few companies do what Pentair does.

Shawn,

I think many people are happy with Pentair and other companies customer service.

The problem is that unlike you, they only come here to whine about poor service and not to praise good service. It kind of skews the results of any one reading their reviews.

Thanks for taking the time to post a positive review. :goodjob:

Jim R.

Yeah well - true story - I called Jandy's support once and they gave me entirely incorrect information and seemed bothered I would even dare to ring them. Beat that!

Oh wait..

OP, in an industry that goes out of their way to be openly hostile toward their customers who pay them thousands of dollars, your story is great to hear. I decided a while ago that when a lightning storm or something does the ol' Aqualink in, an Intellicenter is replacing it.

I was blown away at the level of service I was provided
That's fantastic. (And unfortunately also rare.)

While we're on the topic of good customer service, I've had an excellent experience with AquaCal. I had a troublesome heat pump that was eventually replaced with an entire brand new unit from the factory. The regional rep personally came to my house a few times to see the problem firsthand and oversee its resolution.

Reactions: Newdude
I always have to remind myself that when searching stuff on the ol' interwebs, the majority of posts are about problems. The tens/hundreds/thousands of people without issues typically don't post up their positive experiences, because honestly, their experience is normal. The product does what it said it would or works how it is supposed to, so it isn't out of the ordinary.

Thanks @midlifecrisis for taking time to post a positive sentiment!

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.