Pentair "Clear-pro Technology", Sand Filter

silica25 said:
Sounds interesting. Where did you find the best price? (I am shopping, need something this week or next...) PM me if you'de rather not post answer.

Thanks!

Purchased a Tagelus TA-60D with Clear Pro from A-1 pool parts for 370.61. Picked up in the LA area there is no shipping. This is about what many other places are charging for the regular Tagelus filter. BTW A-1's price for the standard Tagelus RTA-60 is $61 less.

A followup after 14 months of use:

In short, very happy with the clear-pro, but can't say whether or not it is much better than regular sand filter.

I purchased and installed the Tagalus 60D w/ Clear-pro in July 2011. Found that a friend of a friend had a contractors license, and was able to get one through him at "wholesale" (installer price), which was not a whole lot cheaper ($60 less?) than was the lowest internet retail sites plus shipping, as I remember.

Anyway, my old filter was smaller, and the sand was very old and dirty. The new (larger) 60/clearPro system, with new sand, CERTAINLY filters faster, and clearer, and at lower filter pressure than the old one did. Just can't say how much is due to clear-pro, and how much is due to the larger bed of new sand. Filter pressure is 10 psi after backwash, with a 3/4 HP pump, after 14 months of use. Still, very clear water!

A followup after 14 months of use:

In short, very happy with the clear-pro, but can't say whether or not it is much better than regular sand filter.

I purchased and installed the Tagalus 60D w/ Clear-pro in July 2011. Found that a friend of a friend had a contractors license, and was able to get one through him at "wholesale" (installer price), which was not a whole lot cheaper ($60 less?) than was the lowest internet retail sites plus shipping, as I remember.

Anyway, my old filter was smaller, and the sand was very old and dirty. The new (larger) 60/clearPro system, with new sand, CERTAINLY filters faster, and clearer, and at lower filter pressure than the old one did. Just can't say how much is due to clear-pro, and how much is due to the larger bed of new sand. Filter pressure is 10 psi after backwash, with a 3/4 HP pump, after 14 months of use. Still, very clear water!
Hi - I was looking for information on the Tagalus ClerarPro filters and found your post. How is the filter 9 years later?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.