Pentair "Clear-pro Technology", Sand Filter, Normal Pressure?

Re: Pentair "Clear-pro Technology", Sand Filter, Normal Pres

I don't think the sand or laterals are your problem since your pressure is high even recirculate. Could be a lot of wasted effort. Maybe focus on finding the restriction after the pump.

Hi to all.

So last night I checked all my valve, they are all working perfectly.

Open and empty my filter clean all laterals using soap, let dip in water for a few hours.

I change the sand. bought silica sand from "Club Piscine"

When reinstall and started PUMP on backwash, 4-5 minutes, rinse, then filter pressure was at 32!!!!!!

Did a few backwash again last night but had to stop, not enought water in pool and it was getting quite late (Pressure was getting lower after every backwash).

This morning did a backwash of 1.5 minutes (not enough water), pressure was at 24.

Tonight when I reach home, I will fill up the pool and give a good 5-6 minutes backwash and post the result.

I think if I can get a pressure of 19-21 psi after full backwash, my system (heat pump) would work great, then I could backwash when it its 29-30 psi.

Please let me know if I did something wrong.

Thanks!

cadillac said:
I don't think the sand or laterals are your problem since your pressure is high even recirculate. Could be a lot of wasted effort. Maybe focus on finding the restriction after the pump.

Too late :(

You think pressure of 12 psi on recirculate is not normal and I have restriction somewhere? I thought that the main problem was the big gap between recirculate and filter of 15 psi?

How can I see (test) if there is restriction in return pipe (Inground pool).

You didn't do anything wrong, but you still have a problem.

Do you have a good test kit that you can supply a full set of test results from? I just want to make sure there's not something going on in the water that's exacerbating the problem along with any plumbing/equipment issue.

On the recirc problem. Lets try this. Fill your pool up really high before we start.

Take the inlet union off the heater and secure the end of the pipe so it doesn't flop around. If you could aim it so the water would go back into the pool, that would be good.

Set your filter on recirc and be sure the valve to the heater is open. Run the pump for a few seconds and note the pressure gauge reading. Is it still 12 psi?
If it's lower, that eliminates anything in the filter or multiport valve. If it is still 12 psi there's something wrong in the filter.

Post back and let us know what you find out.

Hi to all,

Ok I did as you said, unplug pipe (around 6 feet long) from heat pump and run pump in recirculate....still 12 psi!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm preatty shure that is should not be so high.

I took the head appart, everything seems fine... except when looking at part number of VALVE TOP W/LABEL in manuel is 270085 and On plastic (in side) it's 272527, so now I'm wondering if I have the good head for the filter????? I will join picture of the head top.

Seriously, I dont know what to do, should change the filter.....are the lateral or this ClearPro technology is a good filter?

I took appart the filter already 3 times.....empty sand and all....quite a long process....

Thanks again to all for your help.

Attachments

• IMG-20120524-00205.jpg
    IMG-20120524-00205.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 52

That points to a problem with the filter. Most likely in the valve assembly.

I'd call Pentair back and tell them what you did and even point them to this thread. Worst case scenario, you may have to replace the valve.

Let us know what they say.

I can't think of a problem with a valve that would cause this. I see you have clamp on fittings. It it possible for you to connect the pump outlet directly to the return? This would bypass the filter and valve completely.

Those numbers work out, you are just seeing raw good item numbers vs. sellable numbers. In recirculate, the valve diverter simply diverts the water from the inlet directly to the return port. I can't see what could ever go wrong there, all I've ever seen with a valve is it leaking due to a bad gasket. I am starting to think you just have too much pump for the filter. If you have good flow even at the higher pressures, you can possibly adjust the heater's pressure switch.

Hi everyone,

So finally we realise that my pump was to strong for my filter (Tagelus TA60 with clearpro) and it had clogged the laterals of the clearpro.

So pentair send me new laterals, and a 3/4 HP impeller that I changed.

Now filter is running at 14 psi since 3 days, and I`ve used my kreepy krawly for 5 hours, and added a bag of salt and it is now maybe at 14.5, heater is running fine, flow is fine.

So the moral of this story is you should never use any pump more then 55GPM with a Tagelus TA60 with clearpro because it will clogged the clearpro technology laterals.

If I see any degradation during the summer I will post over here.

So to all I wish you a great summer and thank you for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Please post back during the season and let us know how it's doing.

You have learned some valuable lessons and taught us some as well. Here's hoping the rest of your pool seasons are truly trouble free! :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.