Pentair cleaan and clear bottom manifold position?

tholcomb99

Dec 17, 2023
SoCal
Newer (remodeled) pool and this is the first time I've disassembled this type of quad-cartridge filter. The bottom manifold doesn't sit flush on the outflow pipe assembly, so it doesn't seat properly. The pipe looks to be twisted about 25 degrees off of vertical. I'm assuming this is bad and probably explains why I've had so much debris in my pool for the last year.

Can someone pls confirm this doesn't look right? My contractor screwed me by firing the pool crew (sub) and they didn't leave me any docs, proof of purchase etc so my warranty status with pentair is likely borked as well. I just want to make sure I'm not mistaken before I pour more money into this...

20231217_140306.jpg

The opening in the black pipe should be level with the bottom of the filter bottom..

What you have is not correct. You should just be able to loosen the fitting and adjust it back to level.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The opening in the black pipe should be level with the bottom of the filter bottom..

What you have is not correct. You should just be able to loosen the fitting and adjust it back to level.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yep, thanks. I sorted it out shortly after I posted and wasn't able to delete the comment since it was being moderated. It didnt show up in my initial search before posting, but another user asked the exact same question in May '23 and it helped me out. Sadly his situation with contractor sounded exactly the same too. Kind of freaky....

Anyway, the outflow pipe looks like it is fixed in place at manufacturing time but it isnt, you are correct. I had to buy larger channel locks to loosen the external connection, but after that I was able to get it positioned correctly.
Thanks!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.