Pentair CCP 520 - Crooked outflow seat

Jun 26, 2018
Greenwich
Hi all,

Had my pool remodeled late last year. Upgraded sand filter to Pentair CCP520. Pool was not very clean when it finally got up and running in September, and durning the spring tree drop I noticed that small debris was coming out the returns. Service guy told me one of the cartridges was compromised, but he didn’t show last weekend, so I decided to check myself. Long story short, the outflow pipe is turned, so the male 4 circle seat for the cartridges doesn’t sit/seal inside the outflow pipe. There is a 1/2” gap that is taking in debris to the outflow.

I have contacted Pentair and filed a support ticket, but the guy who renovated the pool literally flaked on me without final payment. He left me with a host of problems, so I have no invoice etc., and I’m not going to chase him for this issue. Pentair may not cover the issue without the documentation, so the long winded question is… does anyone know if this is a manufacturing defect or can I turn the pipe once I take the union off the outflow? Pentair would not answer and said I would void my warranty, which I’m not sure I have one anyway. It doesn’t seem like that outflow should rotate, and would be static, but would love if somewhere could confirm or deny.

It’s Memorial Day weekend in 3 days. I’ve had the pool open for weeks (CT), so I can fix all the issues, and I would love to just fix this myself and get the Polaris going again and the pool actually filtering.

Thanks!

70655359757__E2A50E27-84A0-418E-A7CE-D41422B71E81.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
gp,

I do not think that the pipe is glued into the filter body. I think when you take off the outside connection, you should be able to turn the pipe back to where it should be.

I suspect this is more of an installation issue, rather than a factory defect.

I think it will be an easy fix. Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Loosen the outer piece, rotate the inner piece to the correct orientation, tighten the outer piece while holding the inner piece at the correct orientation.

The outer piece has an O-ring that should be lubricated.

pentair-4654-74a2-1.jpeg

14-110-1253(1-reverse)_LG__88323.1659595509.jpg

1684886530497.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.