Sandman60

May 20, 2022
Northern Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, just installed a Pentair Clean & Clear 420 cartridge filter and new Pentair Intelliflo3 VSF pump on my pool. Replumbed for SWCG at the same time and getting ready to start that up.

Everything in general is running good but the filter leaks around the clamshell seam when the pressure first comes on and then it stops. Seems like the gasket has to seat or something.

Is this normal for this filter or do I need to crack it open and reseat the gasket (or something)?

BTW, really like being able to set up programs and control the pump via the Pentair phone app. Very handy.

Thanks

Did you lube the O-ring?

Any time the filter tank is opened, and/or element assembly is removed, be sure to generously coat the O-ring with silicone lubricant before reassembling the unit. DO NOT USE PETROLEUM BASED LUBRICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE A DETERIORATING EFFECT ON RUBBER.

Everything in general is running good but the filter leaks around the clamshell seam when the pressure first comes on and then it stops. Seems like the gasket has to seat or something.
If it primes to start and then runs a lower scheduled RPM, the lower RPM/PSI isn't enough to make it leak.

Hi, just installed a Pentair Clean & Clear 420 cartridge filter and new Pentair Intelliflo3 VSF pump on my pool. Replumbed for SWCG at the same time and getting ready to start that up.

Is this normal for this filter or do I need to crack it open and reseat the gasket (or something)?

BTW, really like being able to set up programs and control the pump via the Pentair phone app. Very handy.

Thanks
Be sure to read the instructions on the clamp itself about how tight the nut should be. If it is loose you will experience what you are having.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.