Pentair cc200 filter not filling completely

Apr 30, 2018
louisville
So just this year I’ve noticed my filter is only filling 3/4 full. My 3/4hp pentair pump is primed and running what seems to be normal.. The flow seems less powerful than normal from the jets though. I pulled the cartilage and there was small bugs crawling around on the top of the cartridge and the top 1/4 of the cartridge is clean like no water has been. What would cause the filter not to fully fill? Maybe my pump is getting weak?

How do you know the filter is not filling?

What is the filter pressure? Is it 25% more than right after the filter is cleaned? If so, clean the filter.

The other possibility is there is something stuck in the impeller and/or suction line. Is there air in the pump basket?

Do you open the air release valve and purge air until you get water flow out of the valve?

I open purge valve and water doesn’t come out. It used to. Pump basket is full with no air. I know it’s not filling up because the top portion of the filter is clean and dry.

What is your filter PSI gauge reading?

When you open the air relief valve do you feel or hear any flow of air out of it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.