Pentair 4000 Series Bottom Manifold Removal

llazwas

Feb 13, 2022
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I have a Pentair SMBW 4000 series DE filter and need to remove the backwash valve and either replace it or the o-rings on it. I know how to disassemble the filter down the the bottom manifold but can't get beyond that. In looking at the manual (Link to manual) there doesn't appear to be anything holding the bottom manifold or rotary valve in other than the backwash handle below the tank. The manifold I'm trying to remove is part #9 on page 10 of the manual. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

I think I have read here that it is held in place by groves that the core slides into. There should be nothing that prevents it from sliding up however so removal is just pulling up. You might have to sort of wiggle it back and forth but there's no real tricks I can suggest.

You may want to call Pentair Support and see if they will confirm it is a friction fit.

Reactions: llazwas
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.