Pentair 342001 SuperFlo VS Buttons Not Working

Sep 3, 2017
Melbourne/ FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After a week vacation, I noticed the cover of my pump was left open. Now the only button that works is the On/Off button. I’m assuming water got on the control board. The pump still runs on the the schedule and the display doesn’t show any error codes. Any advice on how to fix this? I’m assuming there may be a factory reset option or control replacement.

First thing I would try is shutting down power at the breaker for several minutes. If that doesn't work try the factory reset.

To reset, hold down all four speed buttons (1,2,3, and Quick Clean) simultaneously for a few seconds.

Is the pump still under warranty?

The pump still runs on the the schedule and the display doesn’t show any error codes
If the pump is still operating you might want to hold off on the factory reset until you contact Pentair. I'm guessing if you factory reset and it doesn't work, you'll turn your now working pump into an anchor.

The pump is over 4yrs old so it’s past the warranty period. I contacted Pentair and they say I need a new a 353127 Drive Kit. I found one on Amazon for $532. I paid $713 for the pump. I’ll probably order the drive kit & try removing the original drive. I’ll try placing the broken drive in a bag of rice to dry it out. If it works I’ll return the new drive.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.