Pebbletec choice/desperate

Pawsinflo

Nov 15, 2023
South Florida
Hi everyone,
We are trying to choose our new pool pebblesheen finish.
We have read and seen every single thread and picture available and we have concluded that we have to see them in person.
Our PB is having difficulty getting us to see pools with finishes we like and we are desperate for help.
If you have
Pebblesheen blue surf, french gray and slate blue OR
Pebblebrilliance (blue colors)
and live in south florida please let us know and we ask if we can see it in person!:)
This is a big decision and investment and we need help.
Once done with our pool we promise to be available to show our pool to those in the same situation.

Those colors are going to be hard to get right. What matters more is the quality workmanship of the plaster crew doing the job. You might want to review these articles first (and all of the links) and then discuss with your PB -

What you see is not a guarantee of what you get.

Quality of installation is more important then the materials.

Thank you Joyfulnoise and ajw22.
Useful information for sure.
If anyone else in south fl has these colors/finishes please let us know.
We have learned a lot after reading all the various members threads and posts and to have tfp as a resource for us.

We just had French Gray installed. It is a beautiful darker finish. You are welcome to look at our pool if you do come up to NE FL. We are on Amelia Island.

We do have some splotchiness in our finish right now, but if it dissipates, it will be perfect.

I was lucky enough to live within driving range of a pool plaster installer that has an incredible showroom. It is several pools, each with a handful of finishes installed! It was great for judging finish types and colors. I expect that company is very rare in that regard, but it might be worth some calls.

Google "pool plaster installers" in your area and see if any happen to have a similar showroom.

I don't know why they don't have a better pic of this on their site, just a small one. If you zoom in you can just make out the many pool bottoms, with "stripes" of many different finishes and colors.

Thank you lovelaguna2 for the invite though its a little far for us.
We went to see 1 pool with french gray with added beads but it wasn’t what we expected as it had a “lagoonish” look and we think the owners added jade luminous beads mix.
Pictures are not a true representation of the finishes as they vary greatly based on the camera itself.

The “color” of the pool will vary greatly with cloud cover and time of day. When it’s cloudy out (which is rare here) my pool has an almost greenish/grey look to it. But when it’s clear and sunny, the water has a nice blue. My pebbletec is very faded with age but lighting has a huge impact on it.

The “color” of the pool will vary greatly with cloud cover and time of day. When it’s cloudy out (which is rare here) my pool has an almost greenish/grey look to it. But when it’s clear and sunny, the water has a nice blue. My pebbletec is very faded with age but lighting has a huge impact on it.
As does water chemistry. Not every pool is TFP clear.

It is obvious in some pics posted here that they have water chemistry issues by the color of their pool.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's smart visiting pools. Our PB arranged for us to see at least 3 pools in our original choice, Midnight Blue, from recent builds. He'd just call the owner and they were happen to let us in. Not one of those pools looked like the other in water color.

What mattered most was amount of sunlight. Fence shade and all color was gone. Once we figured that out, our pool being in full sun, we could start to see what to expect.

We ended with a little lighter in Tahoe, but even so, if you ask me what color my water is, blue, aqua, light green, grey..... it will depend on time of day, overcast,..... Honestly, you are picking a range of colors, not "a color", and as stated, your overall satisfaction is more hinged on how well they install it.

Jokes aside, (dont worry, only this *once*) the point was that the color and finish will only show that brochure pic, or real time look in person, at that exact moment. As soon as 10 mins later it's changed already. Other times it goes entirely sideways and is red, yellow, or even black, no matter what color/finish you chose.

Yes it's vinyl but I could sprinkle whatever pebbles/ shells / glass on the bottom to mimic a pebble tech (etc) and at times nobody would ever know I did.

Pick something within the outskirts of the suburbs, of the ballpark, of what you'll like. You'll see it, and 53 bazillion other shades you didn't even know you'd love.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.