PebbleSheen discoloration

Those are good questions and suggestions> Here is what I am going to present in writing:

Dear X,

Thanks again for your follow-up.

In order for all of us to set proper expectations, can you pls help me w the following:

1). What specifically is the discoloration of my plaster/pebblesheen called and what caused this?

2). Since you mentioned your company has performed "no-drain" acid washes before and they take 5-9 days, what is the success rate for performing these for the issues like my pool? Also, what are the short and long term risks to my pool/plaster, landscaping and house since it is located close to the pool?

3). Once the pH is brought to zero and X does the daily brushing, what is done to neutralize the acid? At no times w such a low and acidic pH, will the acid be run thru the pumps or any of the pool equipment or conduits, correct?

4) Since we have travertine as a pool waterline tile, pavers around the pool as decking, the coping and on all of the columns, the pool wall, spillway, spa, etc what will be done to protect this stone from being acid-etched?

5) Next, what are the specific things I need to do afterwards to insure the procedure is successful, and what specific water chemistries should be maintained?

6) Finally, are there other options that can be used to resolve the issues w my pool? If so, can you pls elaborate?

Is there anything I should add/delete? And yes, I have the TK-100 w stir-stick

Thanks,
tstex

I'll add:

"How exactly does the acid soak fix said problem?"

Do let us know how they respond, aside from what I added, I think it's excellent. You paid a lot of money for that finish, and you deserve to know the answers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.