Los Angeles CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Pool is in its 4th season. Admittedly, I question the contractor’s diligence when handling the pool startup. I made the mistake of learning how to maintain on my own later. A pool guy had told me a couple years ago that the area where the wall meets the pool bottom is fading because of the bad startup. This year is the first year the fading appears to be significantly larger. It’s all around the bottom edge but the left side in the attached image is the most noticeable. I maintain solid CSI and LSI levels throughout the year so curious to hear thoughts on whether this will continue expanding, is it normal for darker colors, or anything else that may come to mind. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    995 KB · Views: 14

Plaster products that contain “organic” pigments become bleached (loss of color) over time when subjected to chlorine (an oxidizer). But products with “inorganic” pigments generally do not become bleached.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.