Pebble Tec - Bead Crete Luminous

Ok I tried to get another picture of the sample. It has a lot of clear glass in it which catches the light that you can't see. He also left a new people pebble tec brochure that had all the add ins on it like the beads, the shimmering sea (shell mix) and some metal flake stuff.

Here is the other photo I took.
image.jpg

Love love love the glass add ins! If it looks as good as Spools finish it's definitely worth it, esp for you since it's free!

If you ask me Spool's finish is probably the most ideal outcome. Even if it is not up to that level I will be happy. I really was intrigued by the shells concept but I knew my wife wouldn't probably go for it (she really wants no changes at this point and wants to swim). Since they are throwing in something I think glass beads will give me some sparkles that I wanted she doesn't seem to mind either way but this at least isn't a resounding 'no'.

Thanks for the second picture of the beads. To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the first photo. I was thinking there would be more glass beads.

But like you said, the clear beads show up much better in the second picture. I think there will be enough to make a real difference in your finish. My guess is that with the added glass beads, the Blue Surf will come alive and dazzle!!

It's going to be so hard to wait to see it all!
Suz.

If you ask me Spool's finish is probably the most ideal outcome. Even if it is not up to that level I will be happy. I really was intrigued by the shells concept but I knew my wife wouldn't probably go for it (she really wants no changes at this point and wants to swim). Since they are throwing in something I think glass beads will give me some sparkles that I wanted she doesn't seem to mind either way but this at least isn't a resounding 'no'.

She's gonna love it when it's done. The glass beads add a WOW factor that's for sure!

I'm so excited to see this happen for you!

Thanks for the second picture of the beads. To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the first photo. I was thinking there would be more glass beads.

But like you said, the clear beads show up much better in the second picture. I think there will be enough to make a real difference in your finish. My guess is that with the added glass beads, the Blue Surf will come alive and dazzle!!

It's going to be so hard to wait to see it all!
Suz.

Suz, Honestly I had the same initial reaction you did. I think it is a combination of the stark white finish and I do think there are less glass beads in the sample than say the example on PebbleTec's website. Spool's probably has the same or slightly more beads than this sample but they are all dark blue as far as I can tell. I think it will probably look completely different with a blue plaster like on the Blue Surf or Aqua Blue. That is what I am hoping for anyway. With that said it definitely is a nice addition even if it doesn't quite get to the level of Spool's finish. But then again I am only paying for base level Pebble Sheen so for what I paid for I think I am getting a pretty awesome finish. Plus the sample does look way better in person than in photos. I took a bunch of photos at different angles and the 2nd one I posted is the best I got. It still looks better in person but the 2nd photo definitely looks better than the 1st.

Another thing is I think the Prism Matrix finishes are bigger pebbles than pebble sheen. That allows for bigger chunks of glass in the finish which pop more. I think that is another difference and we really wanted the smoother finish to prevent as much scraping of knees.

She's gonna love it when it's done. The glass beads add a WOW factor that's for sure!

I'm so excited to see this happen for you!

I am hoping so too!

This is the symbol for my new finish color...
View attachment 41866

I can't believe I, of all people, didn't reply about this little guy!!! I laughed and laughed, but the phone must have rung or something. Then I completely forgot!

I don't know where you found this, but he's precious! How perfect for your pool finish! Smurf with bling!!!

I love it!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Suz, Honestly I had the same initial reaction you did. I think it is a combination of the stark white finish and I do think there are less glass beads in the sample than say the example on PebbleTec's website. Spool's probably has the same or slightly more beads than this sample but they are all dark blue as far as I can tell. I think it will probably look completely different with a blue plaster like on the Blue Surf or Aqua Blue. That is what I am hoping for anyway. With that said it definitely is a nice addition even if it doesn't quite get to the level of Spool's finish. But then again I am only paying for base level Pebble Sheen so for what I paid for I think I am getting a pretty awesome finish. Plus the sample does look way better in person than in photos. I took a bunch of photos at different angles and the 2nd one I posted is the best I got. It still looks better in person but the 2nd photo definitely looks better than the 1st.

Another thing is I think the Prism Matrix finishes are bigger pebbles than pebble sheen. That allows for bigger chunks of glass in the finish which pop more. I think that is another difference and we really wanted the smoother finish to prevent as much scraping of knees.

I'm sorry if my post took away any excitement. I was so amazed by Spool's finish when he first posted the pictures that I exaggerated it in my mind. By the time I had thought about Spool's finish for a few days, I had it built up to the glass beads being about 95% of the finish! Lol!! My mom always told me I had a huge imagination!

I just went back to his thread and looked on my computer at the close-ups he posted of the pebble. I think you're right in that there really aren't more glass beads on his. It looks that way because the pebbles look larger and are mostly blue - the glass beads blend in (but not really) with the regular pebbles. So..... what I'm doing a terrible job of saying is that I think the Luminous beads are going to have the same effect on the Blue Surf!!! I really do.

I think I would have liked the beads more than the Shimmering Sea Shells, because somewhere I read that they eventually disappear. I'm not sure why - maybe they don't adhere as well to the plaster, or maybe they decompose. And maybe I imagined that! Ha ha! But the glass beads should be as sturdy as pebbles. Also, from what it says on the PebbleTec site, the glass beads give the finish an even smoother feel. I would love that, too.

I think ya'll will love the Pebble Sheen feel, especially with the glass beads. I was very concerned about the feel of it, because I have such tender feet. I rarely go barefoot, and I giggle all through a manicure because my feet are so ticklish! But Pebble Sheen had better reviews than Fina, so I took a chance. I have been so pleasantly surprised with the feel of the Pebble Sheen. It doesn't bother my feet at all!!! In fact I like the feel of it even better than plain plaster. I feel like I have better traction on it. So I can only imagine how great it will feel with the glass beads. I will say that once in a while if I'm not watching out for a wall, I might scrape my knees or toes - no marks left but makes me think ouch. I remember swimming at our neighbor's pool last summer and having the same thing happen with the plain plaster. So for me, it's no different than that.

I'll stop now....
Take care,
Suz.

I can't believe I, of all people, didn't reply about this little guy!!! I laughed and laughed, but the phone must have rung or something. Then I completely forgot!

I don't know where you found this, but he's precious! How perfect for your pool finish! Smurf with bling!!!

I love it!
Suz.

haha I figured you would like it. My finish will be smurfy.

I saw a few of the sample from Wetedge in their prism matrix line which is glass beads added. You can't seem them all in the white plaster, they just don't pop. Now they were breathtaking on blue plaster.

Thanks for letting me know this! I really always think the white plaster is blah with the pebble sheen. The glass does make it better but I am sure I'll like it even better with my blue plaster.

I'm sorry if my post took away any excitement. I was so amazed by Spool's finish when he first posted the pictures that I exaggerated it in my mind. By the time I had thought about Spool's finish for a few days, I had it built up to the glass beads being about 95% of the finish! Lol!! My mom always told me I had a huge imagination!

I just went back to his thread and looked on my computer at the close-ups he posted of the pebble. I think you're right in that there really aren't more glass beads on his. It looks that way because the pebbles look larger and are mostly blue - the glass beads blend in (but not really) with the regular pebbles. So..... what I'm doing a terrible job of saying is that I think the Luminous beads are going to have the same effect on the Blue Surf!!! I really do.

I think I would have liked the beads more than the Shimmering Sea Shells, because somewhere I read that they eventually disappear. I'm not sure why - maybe they don't adhere as well to the plaster, or maybe they decompose. And maybe I imagined that! Ha ha! But the glass beads should be as sturdy as pebbles. Also, from what it says on the PebbleTec site, the glass beads give the finish an even smoother feel. I would love that, too.

I think ya'll will love the Pebble Sheen feel, especially with the glass beads. I was very concerned about the feel of it, because I have such tender feet. I rarely go barefoot, and I giggle all through a manicure because my feet are so ticklish! But Pebble Sheen had better reviews than Fina, so I took a chance. I have been so pleasantly surprised with the feel of the Pebble Sheen. It doesn't bother my feet at all!!! In fact I like the feel of it even better than plain plaster. I feel like I have better traction on it. So I can only imagine how great it will feel with the glass beads. I will say that once in a while if I'm not watching out for a wall, I might scrape my knees or toes - no marks left but makes me think ouch. I remember swimming at our neighbor's pool last summer and having the same thing happen with the plain plaster. So for me, it's no different than that.

I'll stop now....
Take care,
Suz.

Thanks Suz! You definitely didn't take away the excitement at all. When I first saw the sample I liked it but I wasn't super excited because it didn't pop like I was expecting. Like everyone says with the shells I just didn't appreciate it until I got home and that is with the drab white plaster. I really dislike the white plaster to the point where one pool builder wouldn't even quote me the color plaster because they include white pebble standard. Needless to say I wasn't interested in using him for my pool.

Thanks for the info on the feel of the pebble sheen. Our community pool has white (blah) pebble sheen (I am pretty sure it is pebble sheen because it looks just like a sample at my PB). It doesn't bother me at all. And my kids don't mind it either. My neighbor is completely against it and has Marblite (sp?). His is darker blue and looks nice but it looks mottled if you really look at it. I am excited to see how our finish turns out. I love your finish too and was on the fence about the blue granite but the plaster is too gray for my wife.

Yall are a bad influence! Or maybe all this rain plus delayed construction is giving me too much time to think...I have emailed my pb for a quote on adding the glass beads!

Me too! The rain and delays cost me big bucks. It also wore down my resistance to spend above budget.

I do Not regret a single upgrade or addition!

Go for it! You can't add them later...
Suz.

Yall are a bad influence! Or maybe all this rain plus delayed construction is giving me too much time to think...I have emailed my pb for a quote on adding the glass beads!

Let us know how much the quote for the upgrade is. I am curious. I know my PB gave me a number but I don't know if he was just guessing of the top of his head without going and actually figuring out because they are throwing it in or not. I think if it was less than 2k I would definitely have bought it. I think it makes a big difference to have glass. The upgrade for Prism Matrix I thought was higher than that and it probably would have steered me away but I believe that finish also has shells too. So you get more.

Hahahahaha the rain did that to me to the tune of about $5k!!

Me too! The rain and delays cost me big bucks. It also wore down my resistance to spend above budget.

I do Not regret a single upgrade or addition!

Go for it! You can't add them later...
Suz.

haha so funny! Frankly I added most everything I wanted at the beginning so my cost hasn't gone up too much from the initial quote. The biggest cost upgrade was when we say the pin/paint stage and realized the deep end of our pool was way too small. We had the radius increased from 4 to 5 feet and that cost around $1500 dollars because it added finish, tile, and bond beam stone.

Oh I was going to respond to you Suz about the shells. I had heard that they lose their shimmer too and some people said they have had them for 15 years and they didn't lose their shimmer. I think honestly it probably just depends on the shells itself and also water chemistry. I am sure if your pool has too much/too little PH that could effect the shells since they are from nature after all.

Finally got the quote back from the pb. $1975 to add the beads and $550 to add the abalone shells. The hubby says "let's do it". Shocking! Lol. We have already picked Tahoe Blue pebble tech. I love the aqua blue color. I have seen some pics where it can look a little green. We are trying to choose between the blue beads and the jade beads. I am leaning toward the blue beads to because I think the jade will make it look more green. Opinions?

Finally got the quote back from the pb. $1975 to add the beads and $550 to add the abalone shells. The hubby says "let's do it". Shocking! Lol. We have already picked Tahoe Blue pebble tech. I love the aqua blue color. I have seen some pics where it can look a little green. We are trying to choose between the blue beads and the jade beads. I am leaning toward the blue beads to because I think the jade will make it look more green. Opinions?

Thanks for the pricing info. So when my PB said $1500 that would probably be about right since my pool is only 19000 gallons

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.