PCC 2000 - fixed pop-ups that rotate and stair pop-ups blast lots of water

Jun 10, 2017
Mesa AZ
This is a fantastic forum with super knowledgeable people, I've learned much so far.

My question is specifically on the PCC 2000 cleaning system. I've read the Paramount brochure on the system and understand how it works. I have 2 "fixed" pop-ups that move water towards the center drain (SDX2), but both rotate. When the filter pump is running these two pop-ups stay up, but they no longer point towards the center drain and seem to rotate when the filter pump pushes them up after its been off. I though it was odd that they had the ability to rotate like all of the others as they were supposed to remain fixed. I think this is partly my fault. I drained and refilled the pool about 6-mos ago. Some of the pop-ups would stick up, so I decided to remove and clean all them of "debris" using new O-rings. I looked at each one and they seemed to be virtually identical, same model name on the top of each (Paddock PCC 2000), all the same external physical size, and all had the ability to rotate. If I remember correctly one or two of them seemed to have a smaller diameter outlet port. Presumably these were for use on the pool steps? One or two of them also had a small red plastic partly broken cap inside the water channel. At first I thought this was "junk" or the installer left a cap inside. Now I wonder if these were intentional to reduce water flow, but they just fell out and didn't seem to be installed when I removed the whole pop-up.

How do I get the two center "fixed" pop-ups to stay fixed and not rotate?

The other issue is that one of the pop-ups on a small step shoots a lot of water, more than before I removed and reinstalled them. I didn't installed them back onto the same place where I removed them (unfortunately - my bad).

Thanks so much.
Cheers Dennis

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Sorry it's taken so long to receive a response.

You may wish to visit your local pool store and look to see what the differences are in the fixed and rotating pop ups. Another option is to call Paramount directly - they located in Chandler: Home - Paramount

Knce you know the differences - and if you choose to replace any heads, here's one place with good prices: Poolinfloor - Your Online Source for Infloor Pool Heads and Parts . Had a friend order some parts for his infloor from them last week. He indicated good customer service and quick shipping.

Let us know what you find out. It may help someone else in the future.

Hi Dennis

I have the Paramount PCC2000 system, and I love it. Before I committed to putting the system in my pool, I contacted Paramount directly. They were very good at answering all my questions and explaining how the system works. If you haven't already, send them an email to start a relationship with them.

You are correct in noting that the center heads should not be rotating. The system was designed for them to always be shooting a path towards the center drain, or the Debris Collector Zone won't function as designed. The type, size, and location of each nozzle is based on engineering calculations for your particular pool, so you also may have introduced some performance problems by mine up nozzles. The good folks at Paramount should be able to help.

And, in case you were not aware, the nozzles have a lifetime warranty. If any are broken or not working correctly, Paramount will send you free replacement parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.