PB says with SWG you are just trading muriatic acid for chlorine

I appreciate all the great responses. I think we are going with a SWG, as we are dealing with kiddos with eczema and they get rave reviews from everyone I can find that owns one. As an aside I had additional conversations with the PB as to what he recommended. He suggests pucks and explained to me that you just partially drain your pool once a year. He never heard of the TFP way. He also runs a pool cleaning company and is shoving pucks in all his customers pools. He claims it is impossible to avoid partial draining. Unfortunately he didn't have a good answer to drought years where it is illegal to drain and fill a pool.

So like many Pool BUILDERS he's good at that...but sort of sucks at pool chemistry. Thankfully you know what you're dealing with and can judge for yourself what to do.

Yup. That's a pretty standard, old-school way of dealing with pools that use stabilized chlorine. Only problems is, you're most certainly not just "draining the pool a little" each year. More than likely a pool run in that fashion would need 50% of its water exchanged each year to keep the CYA at reasonable levels. In some areas of the country, that's costly or outright prohibited.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.