PB Recommendations in North Houston

Ryancarreno

Jul 11, 2023
Spring, TX
My wife and I have recently started the bid process for a pool. I have never had a pool and wasn’t really sure what I wanted initially. After seeing some neighbors pools, we have that nailed down now.

Looking to get a geometric that is about 18x32 right off our patio with a level spa within the pool centered on the 32 foot side that is perpendicular to our patio. Essentially walking off the patio into the spa. The depth will be 4.5 foot transitioning to 6 feet in the center and 4.5 feet on the other end. Getting a raised wall (12” bumping to 18” in the center) with a water feature across from the spa. We want automation and two color changing leds. Then there is about 500 sq ft of decking to add with cool deck along with adding cool deck to existing patio (20x16).

Our budget is right around $75k. From what I have gathered, that may be hard to find in a post Covid world.

Anthony & Sylvan seems to offer a lot and can get us relatively where we want to be. Anything to be afraid of with them? I’ve heard a few horror stories. Should I lower my expectations? Anything I should consider as far as options, builders go? Thanks for the help!

Welcome to TFP.
Prices wildly vary which is why it is always good to obtain 3 bids. It is also best to get references and physically go see them (if the reference gives permission). Most PBs supply Pentair, Jandy or Hayward equipment which are all good, When you get a bid show us the proposed list and we can guide you. More importantly is the pool itself. So discuss things such as any technical challenges such as retaining walls or shallow water table, etc. The plaster is another component which influences the price if you want basic white plaster or high end pebble. You can see as much as $10k just between plaster types.

Have you read the articles on construction Best practices and picking a pool builder. See the Wiki at bottom of page for these and a lot more.

Another important point will be the payment schedule. You want to hold at least 10% back till the very end - after you have water and equipment is functioning. Many try to get full payment before plaster is applied and that leaves you no leverage if there are any issues.

I’ll PM you 1 company I have used.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.