Pasadena Pool Build by Owner (from concept to cracks to water)

Closer to full:

058278fe6af027301c42e349f3ae9787.jpg

047e5cfee332a3a5803c617dc327f697.jpg

3de6dda35cdf2202903218ff4b444077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Pasadena Pool Build by Owner (update: we have cracks :-(

Everything you have chosen is coming together very nicely.

It's full! Last night around 8pm (28 hours of filling... that's gonna hurt) it reached waterline. Which for us is about a half inch below the finished spa.

There is a lot of floating debris. I was netting some this am. Never noticed how much our neighbors oak tree dropped junk into our yard until today. Start-up guy will be here in a few hours and I'm hoping the skimmer will eliminate a lot of the floaters. And once we get the cover next week that should help a lot, too.

But here she is in the early morning light.

41d6211eba63f6e78507bfb81ff939ea.jpg

afa0e5a7885afb17187ab762740b64b6.jpg

09f78d04a5fc867faf12e0466e32791a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well today was a day. Start-up guy came and couldn't get filters on. Turned out to be an electrical problem. Something about not enough power going to the sub-panel in the garage that powers the pool panel. Luckily I have the cell number of our electrician. A few texts and calls later we had diagnosed the problem and had an electrician on the way. It was a stressful few hours as he worked (made a little less stressful by the knowledge that even without the electrical snafu we wouldn't be swimming this weekend as things have to be balanced). After he finished he helped us turn everything on. We followed the start-up guys instructions on getting the pumps going and adding DE.

The water features were a little trickier to get started. Easier once we realized we had to open the valves in the back. Doh. But then the real sad surprise: one of the spouts was installed sideways. [emoji46]. With the opening on the right instead of the bottom.
2f5b38f1e078405bfe77c0eac19286cd.jpg

I am hugely bummed about this and e-mailed the pic to the peeps who installed the water feature (the same peeps that did tile and slate). It seems like it will be a massive amount of work to fix. But we spent a lot of money on these and they just don't look ok... We did figure out that if we lower the flow it's less noticeable. But it's still not great. What do you guys think? How is this second pic? Should we press for a fix or just a discount?
5c469d9931b034cf3c2290ff269256c2.jpg

I would have them out to look at it and go from there. Definitely, there should be either a fix or some reasonable $ attached to it.

And by the way, who says it has to be balanced or anything else before you can swim in it? Its water. Cleaner than any lake that Ive ever been in. Go ahead and jump in!!

Part of our stone waterfall was wonky, they came out and smashed the heck out of stuff for 5 minutes, mixed some mortar, reset the stones and left. Been great for years.

Your pool looks wonderful. +1 on getting in!

I would think fixing the spout on is not as complicated as first thought, give them a chance to think about it. Is the issue that the supply is incorrect or is the whole stainless tube is turned one 1/4 rotation too far in the set up?

Is the issue that the supply is incorrect or is the whole stainless tube is turned one 1/4 rotation too far in the set up?

The later. The channel spout has a water flow panel inside that is welded shut on 3/4 of the spout and then only open on the bottom. It controls the flow of water so it flows smoothly. To truly fix the spout would have to be rotated.

Hopefully it is an easier fix then I'm imagining... But I don't know. I'll keep you updated.

Let them look at it. Can you see inside the tubes clearly? I wonder if they could knock out part of the weld and put in something to redirect the water? Think outside the box. I would have them fix it if at all possible without breaking or messing with the stones. That is just me.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.