Partial inground Latham Rockwood oval pool - ground water question

tsherr

Jul 23, 2023
Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm installing a Latham Rockwood oval pool - according to the manual it must be installed at least 14 inches below grade. I've dug two test holes in my yard. I get water at 14 inches in the lower portion of my yard and at 27 inches in the higher portion. (The pool will go from the higher to lower portion.) I assume this is a problem. What are my options? I was thinking of digging deeper than 14 inches and putting gravel and drainage pipe to move the water away from the pool.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

This is above my pay grade - ”slope” doesn’t have much meaning for us here in Florida! Bumping you up to get more replies.

I was thinking of digging deeper than 14 inches and putting gravel and drainage pipe to move the water away from the pool.
This is the correct idea. However you need a lower area that will accept and drain the outflow from the pipe. Your soils compostion has a lot to do with obtaining proper drainage and weight bearing as well. I would advise getting some local advice with these issues, then post back here if you want critique on there recommendations... :)

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.