Partial chip outs / visibility of repairs

TAS1981

Sep 19, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Hi all

Long story short I am not happy with the quality of the finish of my pebble sheen here in Aus; wonky lines, uneven radius on corners (not used a corner trowel, just eyeballed it) steps finished poorly, undulating sun / cocktail step. The pool builder has said he will chip out the worst affected areas (steps and vertical inward facing corner) at his cost. Otherwise a full chip out will cost $8700 cost price and he will contribute something like $3700 maximum to that.

While I decide what to do I am concerned a partial chip out will leave a very visible join (and possible point of failure) - It's arctic white Sky Sheen / Pebble sheen. My options seem to be:

1) ignore issues, retain final $2k payment and live with it
2) partial chip out and repair of steps, cocktail/sun step and wall line in one corner at $0 cost
3) full chip out at approx. $5k cost to me
4) possible to grind areas of inconsistency to a better/straighter lines etc???

I am seeking people's pictures of joins / repairs in a white pebble sheen, so pleae share them if you have had a repair? How visible is it and will the fix be as bad if not more noticeable than the problem?

Thanks

Tom

Attachments

• pool1.png
    pool1.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 27
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 25
If it is all cosmetic I would leave well enough alone. Only you will be measuring the angles of the steps while your guests are enjoying your pool.

You take the risk that the repairs will be marginally better then what you have and create other issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.