Part way Through Build, Loads of Pictures!

Love it! Looks so pretty at night! Do you think 7ft depth is deep enough? We are going to 8ft coz our kids love to jump/cannonball in and retrieve dive sticks etc...I considered 7ft though, little less expensive and not so much of a drop.

Poor dogs! How scary!

skylar18: Nooo I still have to worry. Right after everyone recovered (meaning the dogs and especially ME!) With assistance..I slowly climbed back up the slide and slid down..and sure enough...they tried to get back up them stairs and find me! They are very very much momma's babies, very protective of me! My kids wouldn't let them up the slide so they ran around to the pool and I had to swim to them and walk them back to the tan deck of the pool...Crazy Dogs!!! I thought they were gonna jump off the edge of the pool to get to me..sheshh!!! :cry:

vanibrown: So far it's plenty deep enough. I have skinned the top of my toes one time sliding down the slide..but stupid me..I point my toes and go deep...(I dont' do that anymore! :hammer: ). My Son who is almost 6ft gets on the top rock on the grotto and does a flip off (another of my heart attacks!) but he never hit bottom...no one else has hit bottom YET...Im trying not to let them get tooo crazy! (I'm not making any progress in that department! :shock: )

They still have to do some "tweaking" on the waterfall over the grotto, but they are very very good at taking care of business! When they started our 14 ft. long kitchen counter build, they actually built the backside outside our roof line...I txt'd my PB with a picture and expressing my concern, the next morning both of the PB's were out there before 8:00 ... They completely tore down the entire 14 ft. of wall and had to start over again...I felt soo bad for them...but we wouldn't have been able to grill or keep anything dry had they left it that way...AGAIN, my PB is wonderful!!!

Using wood is the very in thing to do, I love it.

Doing mine soon out of Cypress oiling staining with this Penofin Ultra Premium Red Label Finish

Ultra Premium Red Label Wood Finish is formulated for all wood species.

Penofin penetrating oil wood finish is formulated to enhance and protect the natural beauty of any variety of woods. Use Penofin oil wood finish on any exterior wood surface where a transparent finish with ultraviolet protection is needed.

99% ultraviolet protection via trans oxide pigments.
Added high-grade mildewcide.
Great for decks, siding, fences, gazebos, outdoor furniture, boats, docks, or any wood structure in a harsh weather environment.

I used on my pergola came out great, used the transparent cedar color almost natural wood color shows.

denaw said:
Tonight when I got home!...New stuff! Still working on the tongue and groove for the ceiling on the patio. The vertical boards are beams....It will be stained a ... I'm thinking about a walnut....not too dark, I want the grain in the wood to show.

Ceiling:

bacevedo; the rebar is still there because they have to put something along that side of the pool...still have the gunite showing for now...we cannot decide on exactly what we want...thought about bringing the limestone out to that side..but...my walkway on that side narrows to 24" and I would hate to take 3 inches of that away...so our next thought is to bring the acrylic overlay that we are going to use on our decking up that wall...Still so undecided!
Nova13, I have to say that initially I was a bit sceptical about all the wood, but now that it is in, I love it! Thank you!

Yesterday when I got home that had finished up all the posts and put a stone cap on the top of them just wide enough to set a drink...or something on! :wink:
I am sorry about the quality of the pictures, it's hard to get a good shot of white when the sun is beaming down...

One View:

From the other side:

We'll see what they do today. If it's not raining when I get home, I'll take a picture of the equipment and a far off shot of the patio.

Dena

Today, they installed the counters and backsplash. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow. As soon as I got home the grandbabies wanted to swim, then it got dark on me.
While sitting outside on the patio in my rocking chair I took a couple pictures of the pool with my cell phone and they actually turned out better than my camera...
PLEASE tell me if I am posting too much!?
I will tell you I am NOT 'bragging'...It really has taken me almost 52 years to get to this point in my life and I am so excited...but maybe my excitement has turned into....'bragging'???..I surely hope not...Just pride.....Humble Pride!

Tonite with Cobalt Blue lights:

And tonite with Emerald Green lights:

That's it for today..and Thank you All for being so kind to me and my posts!
Since we have started on the Outdoor kitchen should I start a new post in that thread?
Good Nite All!
Dena

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you so much karmabiker, harleysilo and CAVJOCK22,
So here are a few pictures of what they finished up on Friday of last week:

Inside of Kitchen / Grandkids included!

The bar/counter area:

And the Counter/and Bar area:

I believe this week the decking will be done and hopefully the appliances and electricity will all be put in.
Dena

pragmatic; We are always outside during the summer months and grill every single weekend with family over every weekend. We love it, and there is plenty room for everyone to sit around the cook area (bar area) or the counter area, now all I have to do is buy some bar stools :lol:

pragmatic; The kitchen is big, but we grill every single weekend and will host my dads birthday party and many more parties with lots of people!
Im trying to prepare for the costs! :shock: I think temporarily I will get some metal ones at our Garden Ridge that have the faux leather seats, recover them in outdoor material sprayed with scotch guard. They are about $60.00 each. Then I can work on getting the ones I "really" want! :goodjob:
I will take some pictures tonite and posts. I am sooo loving the overlay they did on my decking! It really reminds me of the look of leather. They just finished with the clear coat last nite so I wasn't able to walk on it. But I can swim and walk on it tonite! We also have the grill, burner, sink and doors in the kitchen now...
More tonite!
Dena

Dena, did you plan on having a sink with at least cold water? I never thought we needed one however We use ours all the time. :cheers: :cheers:

denaw said:
pragmatic; The kitchen is big, but we grill every single weekend and will host my dads birthday party and many more parties with lots of people!
Im trying to prepare for the costs! :shock: I think temporarily I will get some metal ones at our Garden Ridge that have the faux leather seats, recover them in outdoor material sprayed with scotch guard. They are about $60.00 each. Then I can work on getting the ones I "really" want! :goodjob:
I will take some pictures tonite and posts. I am sooo loving the overlay they did on my decking! It really reminds me of the look of leather. They just finished with the clear coat last nite so I wasn't able to walk on it. But I can swim and walk on it tonite! We also have the grill, burner, sink and doors in the kitchen now...
More tonite!
Dena
Good plan on the chairs. Actually the whole project seems well planned :goodjob: As much as you will use the ODK and if it's not too late, I would suggest adding a sink disposer and electric water heater. I can't wait for the new pics!!!!!

Brentr: We have a sink with cold water! Thank you for asking!

Ok..here is pictures of the decking and the ceiling on the patio with fans and lights!

Here's the ceiling on the patio showing the pot lights and ceiling fans:

This is taken from the covered patio to the left / my old patio:

Taken from the old patio looking back at the kitchen:

Standing on the covered patio looking out at the pool:

From the slide side of the decking looking back at the patio:

From the fence side looking back at the patio:

Close up of the post lights:

I think that is it for tonight!
Dena

pragmatic: We are so busted on this entire project and our little 'additions' we have had them add thru the entire project...I would have loved a hot water heater and a disposal but luckily our kitchen is right thru the door and we do have hot water, dishwasher and disposal, so at least it's not far!
Thank you so much for your suggestions..sure wish I had more money! :lol:

Dena

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.