Barnegat, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have what I believe to be a spider gasket issue. My less than a year old hayward sand filter Model#S270T2 is leaking out the backwash discharge pipe while in filtration mode.
Any help possibly some one has this sand filter as I have searched here and online regarding a replacement spider gasket with no success, thanks!

Less than one year leaking already? :scratch: We can dig around for a replacement part number, but curious .... have you reached out to Hayward yet? A spider gasket should last several years easy. Also, are you careful to shut the pump off before changing settings, and do you typically rotate the handle in one direction?

Okay, one more question. :) Have you considered removing the handle top to inspect the gasket? Perhaps it just got pinched and needs some help to re-set into place.

I'll keep looking, but this may be one of those scenarios where the entire MPV may be better to be replaced. Depends on your MPV model. Some MPVs require the entire key & stem assembly to be replaced. The gasket is affixed to it already (I think). In some cases it's easier and cost efficient to just replace the entire MPV. Knowing your exact MPV model will confirm. But let's see if @1poolman1 can confirm for us when he gets a chance.

Last edited:
I'll keep looking, but this may be one of those scenarios where the entire MPV may be better to be replaced. Depends on your MPV model. Some MPVs require the entire key & stem assembly to be replaced. The gasket is affixed to it already (I think). In some cases it's easier and cost efficient to just replace the entire MPV. Knowing your exact MPV model will confirm. But let's see if @1poolman1 can confirm for us when he gets a chance.
Gasket is SPX0715D, about $20.00. Entire valve is over $200.00 OEM. I'd try the gasket first.

Yes thank you very much in locating that gasket. And yes always pump off when rotating and in one direction but had in the past turned opposite direction maybe once or twice until I learned it's a no no. Thank you again!!

Reactions: Texas Splash