Part for Zinc Anode Installation

Neworldjef

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 8, 2014
Monmouth Junction, NJ
Hi All,

Having trouble finding a part for my zinc anode installation. Company who makes it (C-M-P.com) tells me it is in stock and any pool store should be able to order it for me. No direct to consumer. I'm having a tough time finding the clear plastic lid (with hole in center through which bolt goes and holds zinc anode in place). Couple of pics attached.

Again, only need the clear lid (I was able to find the grey locking nut and o-ring to go with it.) Washers for the bolt would be great but can likely get something from Home Depot to work.

Any idea of any independent pool stores or any place where someone can order this for me? Anyone on TFP who can help?

FYI - Old Part # = 25810-200-920 (Now 25810-400-100)

Thanks!

Jeff

Attachments

• Zinc Anode label pic.jpg
    Zinc Anode label pic.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Zinc Anode Part Pic.jpg
    Zinc Anode Part Pic.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi All,

Having trouble finding a part for my zinc anode installation. Company who makes it (C-M-P.com) tells me it is in stock and any pool store should be able to order it for me. No direct to consumer. I'm having a tough time finding the clear plastic lid (with hole in center through which bolt goes and holds zinc anode in place). Couple of pics attached.

Again, only need the clear lid (I was able to find the grey locking nut and o-ring to go with it.) Washers for the bolt would be great but can likely get something from Home Depot to work.

Any idea of any independent pool stores or any place where someone can order this for me? Anyone on TFP who can help?

FYI - Old Part # = 25810-200-920 (Now 25810-400-100)

Thanks!

Jeff
Old style is no longer made. Two largest wholesalers list them as obsolete. No longer in CMP's catalog. If it is leaking it is best to remove it. If you really want an anode this kit will do the same thing as the CMP for far less money and also keep the skimmer basket in place:

Reactions: Neworldjef
Old style is no longer made. Two largest wholesalers list them as obsolete. No longer in CMP's catalog. If it is leaking it is best to remove it. If you really want an anode this kit will do the same thing as the CMP for far less money and also keep the skimmer basket in place:
Poolman - CMP tells me they have it in stock. See BOTH product numbers above. One of them should be it. I've had several emails with CMP support. Since I just bought new locking nut and o-ring and zinc bar, I'd like to make that investment useful and finish it off with this part.

Poolman - CMP tells me they have it in stock. See BOTH product numbers above. One of them should be it. I've had several emails with CMP support. Since I just bought new locking nut and o-ring and zinc bar, I'd like to make that investment useful and finish it off with this part.
They must like you better than me. I can't find it in stock at any supplier or supplier's catalog. All listed as obsolete. Hope you actually find one.

They must like you better than me. I can't find it in stock at any supplier or supplier's catalog. All listed as obsolete. Hope you actually find one.
Thanks - this is helpful info. Just wondering - did you try both part numbers above? CMP folks keep telling me it is in stock and any supplier should be able to get it. I'm betting you are correct. I'm going to tell them if they have it - get me one gratis at this point. I'd cut the whole thing out at this point but I already spent significant amounts on the nut and o-ring and zinc - all I need is this $20 part. LOL

Jeff,

In Texas I'd guess that 99.9% of saltwater pool owners do not have an Anode, of any kind, and there are no issues at all..

I hope you find the part you need, but in the big picture it will not make one lick of difference either way.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Neworldjef
Jeff,

In Texas I'd guess that 99.9% of saltwater pool owners do not have an Anode, of any kind, and there are no issues at all..

I hope you find the part you need, but in the big picture it will not make one lick of difference either way.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim - thanks for this. I have read everything on TFP about this and agree with you! LOL. I had some serious iron issues last summer (likely caused by work being done on old pipes in my neighborhood). Spent $250 on pro water testing of my municipal water after work was complete by my town. No iron problems. Changed the liner a couple of weeks ago (needed changing and good excuse to dump and change all water - after several pounds of ascorbic acid to loosen all iron on any part of pool or equipment!) I'm just doing this because the iron issue last summer was such an expensive and annoying headache that even the small chance the zinc makes a difference - I was open to it. And all it did was open up another headache! LOL Should have cut the Dang thing out... Pool life!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thanks - this is helpful info. Just wondering - did you try both part numbers above? CMP folks keep telling me it is in stock and any supplier should be able to get it. I'm betting you are correct. I'm going to tell them if they have it - get me one gratis at this point. I'd cut the whole thing out at this point but I already spent significant amounts on the nut and o-ring and zinc - all I need is this $20 part. LOL
You can place the zinc in your skimmer basket if you want to, it will serve the same purpose and keep the basket in place. Any parts related to that model of the CMP anode are listed as obsolete. Occasionally, something listed that way will show up at another branch of my suppliers. Not this time, and I can see branches from the West coast to the East.

You can place the zinc in your skimmer basket if you want to, it will serve the same purpose and keep the basket in place. Any parts related to that model of the CMP anode are listed as obsolete. Occasionally, something listed that way will show up at another branch of my suppliers. Not this time, and I can see branches from the West coast to the East.
Got the guy at CMP to send it to me for free! @1poolman1 - I copied text from your posts here and the guy flexed and sent it. Thanks buddy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.