Ownerbuild - how to find shotcrete and steel contractors..... in ohio

driyac

May 19, 2017
new albany
Hey everyone, I'd like to say I am extremely jealous of all your owner builds. I am very handy person myself and after a lot of research here I am going to go ahead and do an owner build. I will say that, I have been unscuessful in finding steel rebar and shotcrete contractors. If you guys have any suggestions, even as far as to get companies outside of ohio, that would be great.

Sorry for another post about this revolving around contractors but I feel I am in a different position than others due to location.

I would suggest finding some contractor that builds some portion of pools and ask them for references for other subcontractors. For example if you find a plaster guy he might have references for the concrete guys.

Where I live it seems you would get charged twice as much and wait 4 times as long or more if you tried to hire everyone yourself. Also my pool comes with a lifetime guarantee on the plumbing and pool shell. Not sure you will get that doing it yourself.

Where I live it seems you would get charged twice as much and wait 4 times as long or more if you tried to hire everyone yourself. Also my pool comes with a lifetime guarantee on the plumbing and pool shell. Not sure you will get that doing it yourself.

Well here in ohio there seems to be little options for builders. I have contacted the only 2 that will come to the capital city, columbus, 1 seems extremely low and the other extremely high. we are looking at a freeform 18' by 40' with 10' round spa. The low end was 55k and the high end was 105k without any fencing, decking, retaining walls. I dont trust the low end, after meeting him, and the high end seems like hes gouging.

Try Anthony Sylvan they seem to be everywhere and the prices are consistent. We got bids from them but did not select them but their price was very competitive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.