Owner Builder North Texas

I was just wondering how things were moving along for you... Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! The travertine looks amazing installed, and I love how it is squared to one side of your pool, but with the angles of the pool, the seam lines get offset on the other side. Are you happy with it?! I'd be in love, especially knowing I'd contracted everything myself. Great job!

I was just wondering how things were moving along for you... Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! The travertine looks amazing installed, and I love how it is squared to one side of your pool, but with the angles of the pool, the seam lines get offset on the other side. Are you happy with it?! I'd be in love, especially knowing I'd contracted everything myself. Great job!

I am very happy with it. I will post more pics in days to come. There are some things I would have done differently but all in all - very happy. I re-did the channel drains today. We didn't like the way it looked with the grates and they were a bit uneven in parts so I made a mini french drain. I perforated some 1 1/2" pvc and covered with river rock.

I noticed the drains right away. The colors of the rock blend really well with the travertine, but give a really cool contrast. Smart fix to the channel drains you weren't happy with. It's a great look, and functional too!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
More pics:

I am going to build a deck/walkway behind the wall. Undecided as to what kind....flagstone, more travertine...feel free to make suggestions or give me ideas. The wall is about bar height when you are standing behind it. All the travertine is sealed with dry-treat 40sk and I think I will apply their color enhancing Intinsifia in a few weeks when the 40sk has fully cured to enhance the colors. Will also add low voltage lighting around the perimeters of deck. Trash pick up is supposed to be here shortly - got a half off deal via angies list.

Notice my skimmer covers and electrical outlets.

Very cool skimmer cover, and equally great outlet cover! How'd you come across the outlet idea? Was it more difficult/costly to install like that? You can hardly notice the skimmer cover. How do you lift it up?

Sorry, no ideas about the walkway, but everything is looking really good. Can you take a picture of the pool from your house patio looking towards the opposite side of the pool? I want to get the full effect of the staggered back wall.

Also, did you end up incorporating the glow in the dark tiles like you had originally planned?

I just google shopped outlets until I came across these. The skimmer lids pop up easily with a flat head screw driver or if you push down on the right side. I ended up not using the glow tile because the plaster we went with is so nice looking and I wanted the more "less is more" modern look. We did use the flat black tiles in the skimmers.

Here you go. The panoramic pic gives a good idea of how it all looks but bows everything in the image. The one pump idea has worked really well. When I use all water features I shut off returns and still have plenty of head room in the pump.

- - - Updated - - -

in hindsight - I may have uses a darker color tile on the back wall. One that blends in more with the stone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.