Overnight FC Loss

May 30, 2017
Ramer
I'm in the middle of the second slam and it's not going as well as the first. I'm continually losing 2-3 ppm overnight. That is the only SLAM parameter I'm missing. The water is crystal clear and no CC to speak of. I know high humidity contributes to daytime loss along with sunlight, but could high humidity contribute to some overnight loss as well?

I just brought back up to slam levels and will maintain through the day and do 1 more OCLT, but if it fails, there is something else going on besides algae in my opinion. I just brushed it too, and there was absolutely no visible cloudiness stirred up to make me believe there is any algae, dead or alive, present.

Richard, at this point the only break in the liner is the 2 jets and 2 main drain inlets. We don't even have a ladder yet (waiting on deck to be built), so hiding places are very limited. I do, however, get some leaves trapped on the main drain inlets that I vacuum out about once every other day. I do get a decent accumulation of insects, but I net all of those out and brush daily, if not more than once a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.