Overflow setting on infinity pool

Cdanna17

Feb 25, 2023
Phuket Thailand
I have a 15,000 gallon infinity pool. In the catch basin, the overflow is only a couple inches higher than the auto refill setting. I can easily add an extension pipe to the overflow pipe to raise it so I can retain extra water. I live in Phuket Thailand so I lose a lot of water year round to evaporation but it also rains quite a bit so I would like to retain more water which can be used rather than wasted. Is there a limit to how high I can raise my overflow? I have over a foot to the top of my catch basin which could be used. I realize I could lower the auto refill level but would rather keep the minimum catch basin volume I have now. Any input would be appreciated.

Catch basins need to be at a low level when the pool is not being used, this allows for catching the capacity of water from displacement of people and water in transit. Yes you can have that level higher but once the pool is being used the water in the catch basin will no longer be able to contain and likely overwhelming the overflow system and that exiting water you will have no control of it’s direction.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.