Overdid the conditioner - CYA too high again after drain and fill

Amail

Bronze Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
San Marcos, CA
Last summer we drained our pool to tackle a full acid wash. Once it was sparkly white we re-filled with water and got CC and Ph to a reasonable level. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't test anything else, nor did I concern myself with CYA levels. You'd think I'd have known better.

Got serious about the pool again once I had algae in several places, and a couple or three gallons of LC every few days wasn't getting the job done. Ordered a new K-1006C and realized to my horror there was no measurable CC. Several days and lots and lots of gallons of LC and MA, I was looking pretty good. Realized CYA was too low, so got some conditioner and put in what I *thought* was the correct amount.

My CYA is now at 80. While that's not the end of the world, it is the offramp. I'd really rather not partially drain if I can avoid it. Using no pucks and no more conditioner, I suspect my CYA will have no reason to creep up. I've seen some postings here that suggest CYA does reduce over time, so maybe I just suck it up for now and wait for it to drop?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.