Over my head in Wisconsin

Summer update!
Huge success. I would now never consider owning an outdoor pool without an enclosure of some kind over it.

Not having to use sunscreen, the temps are perfect all the time, weather is much less of a factor on our swim, chlorine use is way way down and maintenance is almost nothing compared to before. We get 10X the use out of this pool now that it is enclosed.

As for temps - most of the time we keep the doors shut even when it gets hot in the day. The warmest the water has been is 88degrees which the kids prefer.
Mostly mid 80's.
The greenhouse itself does get very warm but again the kids complain if I open the doors as the breeze is cool to them even when it is 80 outside. They like it hot.
If we do open the doors we do get a nice cross breeze which has been nice on the hottest of days.

All-in-all, very glad we did this. Having a big party the 16th which I will post pictures of.

One bad bit of news for us today - our autopilot SWG fried. The control board around one of the fuses is burnt badly and apparently this is common for this system. Too bad because it was working fantastic before today.
Now I am looking at an expensive repair or a new solution.

Skating Rink.

QoelOwn.jpg

Ag4uqG8.jpg

Hey Tredge, I missed most of your thread but curious as to whether you put in a heater and are heating the water or not.

Also curious as to the snow load rating on your frame...looks like most of it sheds anyway ;)

I am in Michigan using an air dome for winter operation. Didn't want year-round coverage due to nature of my yard with terrace in summer. Snow management depends on rate of snowfall, ambient temps, etc. -- in all, not bad so far, but I've wondered if there might not be a way to construct a removable center support to prevent sinking in heavy snow. The modes probably don't mix though ;)

Hey Tredge, I missed most of your thread but curious as to whether you put in a heater and are heating the water or not.

Also curious as to the snow load rating on your frame...looks like most of it sheds anyway ;)

I am in Michigan using an air dome for winter operation. Didn't want year-round coverage due to nature of my yard with terrace in summer. Snow management depends on rate of snowfall, ambient temps, etc. -- in all, not bad so far, but I've wondered if there might not be a way to construct a removable center support to prevent sinking in heavy snow. The modes probably don't mix though ;)

I bet you could use a couple safety cover anchors with allthread to hold a couple loops of 1/2 or 3/4 pvc to hold the center of yours up. Like a pvc greenhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.