Outrage320 -- Intimidated New Member

That is awesome news..............Good for you wife for taking on that COLD water! BURRRR

Here are some links for you.

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

I am not sure if you know about all of these but just in case you did not.......

Kim
Thanks for the reminders. The wife and I have both been trying to get educated. We successfully converted our hot tub to the tfp method about a month ago and it's been so much more stable and predictable. Looking forward to trying it on the pool. So far Alkalinity good, pH good, ch good, working on FC and CYA slowly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just wanted to brag on this site. The information I learned here has made things a breeze. We didn't get done with our build until end of season last year so we had the pool builder close our pool and watched every step so we can close next year. Well with warm weather we decided to open early. Thanks to good notes and this site we decided to try opening the pool ourselves. We were so intimidated but pushed on. After a quick look at priming the pump we had water moving and life was good. The water was cloudy when we opened but out came the Taylor test kit. Virtually no chlorine and WAY too high Ph. In go chlorine and acid (not at the same time of course). 24 hrs late with a little more chlorine and more acid the pool is crystal clear and chemicals where we want them. Wow! This site made that so easy. Posting a pic of how it looked at opening and the beautiful 24 hour later pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support