Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I'm in the middle of a pool install. I have plans to add outdoor speakers and a large screen TV or projector setup. I originally planned on wiring the speakers to my in-house amp and use my phone as a controller. But the wife is not tech savvy and could see that being problem down the line. Nevermind the expense to have that done professionally.

I came across an Android tablet that also has a built-in 30w amp, can download any apps from the play store which would let me add all the pool controls via an app. I could also use it for streaming music and video, plus maybe add Kodi for movies and sports. I figure I mount in the wall, run the speaker wires along the ground around the house and pool, then use the HDMI to the TV.

Has anyone here done anything similar, does the tablet look like it would work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Note your link does not work. So we don’t know what product you are thinking of.

@jimim may have thoughts if he is around this time of year.

Certainly an interesting product. I would make sure it is installed in a well-sheltered location. I also note that while it can drive up to 16 speakers, it appears to be only a Stereo amplifier -- not surround sound if that's what you were thinking for the big-screen TV.

I looked at a lot of different things and settled on a B/A set of 1000 watt each powered speakers. JBL Eons. I use my phone and Spotify to control them. Happy with the volume, sound quality and ease of setup. I bring them out when needed and put them away when done.

I wouldn’t use that. What do you do if it breaks and they aren’t in business anymore. Especially with how things are now. Keep it simple use what has been around for years or can be retro fitted down the road.

Buy sonos and be done with it. If they go under replace it with a Russound. If they go under replace it with a receiver with an amp and attach a small music server to it.

I always always try to stay away from odd ball stuff.

I wouldn’t use that. What do you do if it breaks and they aren’t in business anymore. Especially with how things are now. Keep it simple use what has been around for years or can be retro fitted down the road.

Buy sonos and be done with it. If they go under replace it with a Russound. If they go under replace it with a receiver with an amp and attach a small music server to it.

I always always try to stay away from odd ball stuff.
Totally understand. I was trying to find something that would incorporate all the pool/spa/lights controls and as a bonus add audio. This will be mounted in a weatherproof location near my TV that would also let me use streaming services and Kodi.

A Sonance outdoor speaker setup with a Sonos Amp is pretty solid. For control, wouldn’t it be easier to just use your phones? It might defeat the purpose of having all these controls if you have to walk over to a mounted tablet every time you need to change the music or pool light setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.