Our pool saga

I forgot to ask...have you tried playing with valves at the equipment pad to see how they respond when you adjust them? The only reason I ask is because when I first looked at the 3 way valve for the skimmers, the handle is in a different position than what I have ever seen. With my valves that would be closed position with nothing getting through to the pump.

I only have my setup to compare. I am sure one of the smart people will respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing we have for sure learned is to ask for the either a payment in full invoice signed by any subcontractors a PB uses or the release of lein from any sub the PB uses. As a newbie going into all of this, we had no clue at all!

Funny you mention that Jagger2005. The pic I posted was taken the very last time the PB was at our house. He was messing with the valves and when he walked away to check a skimmer I took the pic. We had another PB come give us a quote last week and another is on his way over now. The one from last week did show us the correct way the valves should be and also gave us a brief run down of where/how everything should be. Something original PB never has done.

I love our pool, truly we do. It's just what we wanted. It's just disheartening when you spend you entire savings account on something and it's not even complete.

I love our pool, truly we do. It's just what we wanted. It's just disheartening when you spend you entire savings account on something and it's not even complete.

I totally understand.
My PB did manage to give me a very brief demonstration how to clean out the pump strainer. Everything else I figured out on my own or asked question here at TFP. You will soon realize that you have come to the right place if you want to use a hands on approach to managing your pool. Ask some special questions. There are very smart people here that monitor the different forums that might be able to help get some of the issues resolved. For example, the skimmer not working. Nothing electrical involved. You can do a lot of troubleshooting at the pump station. If you close the main drain valve and the spay valves that feed into the pump, the only water being pulled by the pump would be from the skimmers. You should then be able to identify which pvc line is connected to each skimmer by adjusting the valve. If you have a skimmer that is not working, when you adjust the valve to close the other skimmer, you would now have no water being pulled be the pump. There is a very distinct noise at the pump when it is in this state. Of course, you do not want to leave the valves closed like this for very long - could damage the pump.

So we had new PB 3 come out tonight. PB1 is the one who did the pool. PB2 we got a quote from to finish the pool but we didn't have the warm fuzzy. PB3 seems amazing. Totally sees how we got screwed and really seems willing to help us without costing us crazy amounts. Here's what he's quoting us on:

1 Spa light (LED)
2 Pool Light (LED)
Fix Electrical
1 Transformer for lights
Fix Blower Placement
1 Salt Cell (Hayward)
1 Spa Heater (400,000 BTU Hayward)
Run gas line w/regulator
1 Pool Vacuum (Skimmer Connection/Hayward)
Fix stacked tile in front of spa
Pool startup

Good for you! Man you are missing a lot of equipment. I know nothing about heaters but for grins I thought I was quoted 2500 from a PB. The salt cell as a DIY is around 900-1000 so I would guess around 1300+ from a PB. Double check that it is for 40k salt cell - T15 cell

PB2 quoted us $6600 for all of the above.

We we have to get a separate quote to finish staining the decking

- - - Updated - - -

PB3 checked our skimmers tonight and one of them wasn't working right so he messed with it and got it going perfectly.

PB2 quoted us $6600 for all of the above.

We we have to get a separate quote to finish staining the decking

- - - Updated - - -

PB3 checked our skimmers tonight and one of them wasn't working right so he messed with it and got it going perfectly.

Looks like your back in business. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and I'm glad you found a good PB to fix the mess.

Be sure to contact the BBB and State Attorney general regarding the original PB. At the very least there should be a public record of his misconduct so that others in the future know better.

e94706dacc5fe649150f182496d59bcf.jpg

I'm sorry about your saga, but if my kid could levitate like this I think I'd be able to market it well enough to buy a new pool and put him through college!

ac

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here's quote from PB3. It's a bit more but he called last night saying he may be able to get a better deal on lights saving about $500. He's just hands down amazing. What a true PB should be image.jpg

Do you already have controller unit for the Hayward SWG? It is a white box mounted near the pump timer. Also, I am concerned about the salt cell in the quote from PB3. The people here always suggest 2 to 3 times your pool volume. My guess is you have at least 25k and there is no way that 15k cell will be large enough. Even the 40k cell, the T15, might be taxed. I have a 40k cell for a 14k pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.