Our Mountain Retreat

Right on! I would say patio speakers is more than a fair trade! :goodjob:

Agreed.

But now the Sonos crowd will be around soon enough!! Tell them you have one in every room and that's what you got for the pool are too!

Happy Sunday everyone,

Here’s what has happened in the past week. Coping and most of the tile has been completed. Tile for steps, benches and sundeck will wait until just before plastering.

Also, the equipment building has been completed, and the Easytouch subpanel has been installed along with the surge protector. I was going to insulate and drywall in there but as you can see some spots are going to be a bit tough to do. Anyone have any helpful hints? :scratch:

We’re waiting for grounding inspection at the moment and then the landscapers can come in and start with the flagstone. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow. Can’t wait for some of the dirt to be covered up.

Looking good! Yeah insulating and drywall is going to be a little tough. Seems like you can stuff in some pink stuff and slide some drywall behind most of it. But, that Easytouch and electrical brackets are going to have to come off the wall if you want insulation and drywall behind it.

It needs to be vented to the outside of the building. Refer to the manual on exhaust venting in enclosed spaces.

Exhaust in an enclosed space would lead to very unsafe conditions for not only anyone in the room but for your pool equipment as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love, love, love your pool and area! I can just see everyone sitting around just living life! Thanks for letting us watch!

I would think about waterproof or resistant board for the lower parts because of water from the equipment. I would hate for you to get it all pretty and such and some water ruin it :( I would also think about spray foam for the same reason. I wonder if shower board would work? It can be pretty and would be easy to take down and replace if needed.

Your building WILL get wet if from nothing else than opening and emptying the pump baskets. Then if you open the filter.........

Just trying to help you think ahead.

Your pool will be SO much easier now that you have found TFP! Please go ahead and order the good test kit. Look around your area to find the best source of bleach/chlorine. Some people use Walmart, some the local Pool store (that just about the only thing you will buy there!). Make sure it is NOT splash-less and odorless. Make sure it is not old as well.

Will you have access to the pool during the week?

Kim

I

Last edited:
I love, love, love your pool and area! I can just see everyone sitting around just living life! Thanks for letting us watch!

I would think about waterproof or resistant board for the lower parts because of water from the equipment. I would hate for you to get it all pretty and such and some water ruin it :( I would also think about spray foam for the same reason. I wonder if shower board would work? It can be pretty and would be easy to take down and replace if needed.

Your building WILL get wet if from nothing else than opening and emptying the pump baskets. Then if you open the filter.........

Your pool will be SO much easier now that you have found TFP! Please go ahead and order the good test kit. Look around your area to find the best source of bleach/chlorine. Some people use Walmart, some the local Pool store (that just about the only thing you will buy there!). Make sure it is splash-less and odorless. Make sure it is not old as well.

Kim

I

Point taken Kim. Thanks! We tend to run a low on humidity here in the Denver area. But, will keep all these points in mind as we move forward.

As for the test kit, I'm already on it. TF100 is in the que, but I may hold off for a couple more weeks to replenish the funds. The reason? I found out on Thursday that the builder will be maintaining the pool for the first 3 months. Not sure I am on board with that, but it may void the warranty if I declined. Rock...hard place....

So far, the builder has not let me down and everything I've "cornered" him on, he's giving me the correct answer latest being the salt will not be added in until the plaster has been cured. I've seen builders (our old neighbor) add salt as soon as the pool was filled.

But, with the help of people like you and what I'm reading, I'm going to keep him on his toes. :)

Your pool will be SO much easier now that you have found TFP! Please go ahead and order the good test kit. Look around your area to find the best source of bleach/chlorine. Some people use Walmart, some the local Pool store (that just about the only thing you will buy there!). Make sure it is splash-less and odorless. Make sure it is not old as well.

Kim

I

I'm sure you meant to say make sure the bleach is NOT splash-less. ;)

It's been a while but here's the latest. We're a step or two closer! Hardscaping is 90% complete and landscaping starts on Tuesday. We can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pool builder can now come back in and finish tiling (sun deck, benches and steps) and make a few adjustments to the equipment. Plaster is up next and we fill. We may be able to take a dip come Memorial Day. Woohoo! :swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.