Our first pool... 41' Mountain Lake [FINAL PICS ADDED]

Re: Our first pool... 41' Mountain Lake, Solar panels

Alynn said:
Stilly said:
I found out afterwards while reading the owner's manual that the Intellibrite comes preset in the "Wide" angle position, but it also can be turned around into the "Narrow" angle position during installation. When installed on the longer side walls, the Wide angle should be used. When installed on the shorter end walls, the Narrow angle should be used (as per the owner's manual). My PB crew installed in on the preset Wide angle, and that is why I think our shallow end does not fill with light. We will have to remove our light to switch the angle, so I am just bringing it to your attention that you might want to ask you PB about it.

Not to hijack your thread, but Stilly, can this be changed after installation? Ours needs to be changed, as well.

And if can be done now, what is the procedure, please?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Alynn

I am pretty sure it can be done after installation, as we are planning on changing ours too. We are just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. The manual that comes with the light talks about how to remove the lens and reinstall it. I chatted on Pentair's Facebook page with them about how to go about it, wondering if we would need to replace the gasket if we take the lens out. He said since it's a new install (ours was put in about a month ago) that we should be good using the same gasket. You might want to check directly with them or your PB about how to do it, because I am in pretty much the same boat you are in.

Re: Our first pool... 41' Mountain Lake. Backfill question?

NomDePlume said:
Hello,

Here are the 2 pumps setup for the liner.
vacuums.jpg

Something to note for the future. My builder did this exact same thing when my first liner was installed 12 years ago. From years 3or4 to 12 every spring I had to re-seat the liner in the track. I mentioned it when he replaced the liner this year. The builder learned since his initial install and this time pulled the liner vacuum from the skimmer. So, if your builder is not installing a bead lock you may want to ask or consider doing it yourself. Then again, who knows, you may not have the problem I had.......

Stilly said:
:wave: I think this thread needs more pics, please!!
I wish I had many more to post... been raining here pretty much for the past 2 weeks, and very little progress has happened. Pool is filled and we are slowly getting backfilled with gravel, but all the yard is so wet, one of the gravel truck got stuck in the front lawn while backing up to the pool and had to dump 50,000 lbs of gravel right there!! posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=368064#
Mason was great though, came right away and moved the gravel... but still...

So waiting for the ground to dry.

In the meantime, after reading on this forum about it, we have also decided to add a SWG to our system. Our pool is 20'x41', we don't know the exact volume, but about 22K gallons. We are looking at the Pentair IC40.

Here is what our "project" looks like for now:

backfilling.jpg

Plumbing system is working (from temporary cord, no electrical work yet).

Close up of the 2 main drains and 2 rotating heads of the in-floor recirculating/cleaning system

infloorsystem.jpg

Mason is suppose to come back next week to finish the backfill...then on to the electrician. Hopefully I'll have more pics then.

Did you ever get pictures of the finished product? Would love to see it, our house is on the market and we will be building a new home with more land and would love to have this size of pool!

Re: Our first pool... 41' Mountain Lake (Final Pictures)

Here it is. I must say, the construction after a while got to me, we had weather delays and the mason wanted to wait 5 weeks before doing all the final grading and pouring the deck on the 5 truck loads of gravel he put in. Hats off to you all who post pictures day in day out throughout the construction. :goodjob:

Here is the deck poured and as you can see we had to raise the grade enough that stairs were required:
IMG_1047.jpg

Fence and shed being put in:
IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

We decided to put sod on the part we could see from the house, rest was all seeded. We were told it's a loosing battle for the seeds. Over 500 feet of hoses and I don't know how many timers did the trick. We got seeds sprouting everywhere even though it's August!
IMG_1080.jpg

Still a few things do do.. but finally we can start enjoying!
IMG_1081.jpg

View from the right side of the pool shed:
IMG_1083.jpg

And view from the diving board.
IMG_1085.jpg

Looks really nice.

Curious if the fence was a permit requirement or just decorative ? That would certainly not qualify as a safety fence around here.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

jblizzle said:
Looks really nice.

Curious if the fence was a permit requirement or just decorative ? That would certainly not qualify as a safety fence around here.

Would it if the wire was on the outside?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did not see the wire on my phone, but it still might be a bit short. Actually I am not sure if wire is allowed if you could fit a foot in it to climb over ... like chain link fencing.

jblizzle said:
I did not see the wire on my phone, but it still might be a bit short. Actually I am not sure if wire is allowed if you could fit a foot in it to climb over ... like chain link fencing.

Yes, this is a "code" pool fence: wire mesh stapled to the wood fence on the outside, mesh is tight (spaced at 2" if I remember correctly). The fence is actually a bit higher than required by code. Self closing doors as well.

It's not the traditional aluminum fence, but we like the fact that when you're in the pool, you almost can't see the mesh, feels very "open".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.