Order of addition

reg967

Jul 20, 2022
Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Does the Pool Math App suggest the order of addition for chemicals? or how long to wait before/after adding certain ones? Here are my latest measurements. I have and plan on using liquid chlorine, baking soda and soda ash. Just looking to see what the process of adding chemicals looks like and if there is any waiting in between. Thanks!

MicrosoftTeams-image (16).jpg

The APP doesn't get into specifics of how and when to add. You will find some references in our Pool School sections like the one below. We are also happy to help in your posts.

In your case specifically, I would add about 40 ppm worth of baking soda to increase the TA. That in itself "should" also help allow the pH to rise on its own. At the same time you add the BS, add about 5-6 ppm worth of liquid chlorine. Keep the FC strong at about 5 ppm and never let it drop below 3-4 if you can help it (algae).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.