Order of adding chemicals (salt) in new conversation

Thanks to all of your help and input, we decided to pull the trigger on a SW conversation and are the proud new owners of a Circupool RJ60+. I found the thread on water balance and per the manufacturer, I should target 3500ppm of salt. Picked some diamond salt crystal softener at HD ($5.10 bulk pricing). I am still working on balancing my TA, CH, and CYA (pool newly refilled). My question is, can I go ahead and add the salt now to gradually mix in while I am balancing the chem levels? Does that throw anything off in doing so? Or should I be patient and wait until all other levels are finished?

FWIW - I'm waiting until everything is balanced before I install my SWG.

TIA!

You can have the salt whenever you like. I do it when the kids are swimming so they can play with it :) it will not impact any of your other results.

What are all of your test results? TA rarely needs much attention

Great decision on the SWG! You are going to love it.

We always recommend having a balanced and algae free pool before switching on the SWG.

Also, wait 24 hours with the pump running for the salt to completely dissolve before starting the SWG.

Why not post a complete set of test results so we can see what you are working with?

Thank you all for your response. My chem levels are:
FC - 6
pH - 7.2
TA - 100 (targeting 70 by raising pH, adding MA, aerating)
CH - 210 (targeting 350 by adding calcium chloride via ice melt)
CYA - 20 (targeting 80)
Salt - 600ppm (targeting 3500-3700)
Borate - targeting 50 ppm

I am a little confused by the feedback that I received. I understand that TA and pH are tied - so that will fluctuate until I have TA set. I guess my confusion comes from asking me to post my chemical levels (happy to do so) - but I interpret this to mean that there is a correlation with the salt affecting it. I understand that I will need to balance my chemical before turning on the cell (and have an understanding of what I need to do) - but i need to verify if I can add salt now and not affect the balancing of other aspects.

Thanks for your patience in walking me through this.

Thank you all for your response. My chem levels are:
FC - 6
pH - 7.2
TA - 100 (targeting 70 by raising pH, adding MA, aerating)
CH - 210 (targeting 350 by adding calcium chloride via ice melt)
CYA - 20 (targeting 80)
Salt - 600ppm (targeting 3500-3700)
Borate - targeting 50 ppm

I am a little confused by the feedback that I received. I understand that TA and pH are tied - so that will fluctuate until I have TA set. I guess my confusion comes from asking me to post my chemical levels (happy to do so) - but I interpret this to mean that there is a correlation with the salt affecting it. I understand that I will need to balance my chemical before turning on the cell (and have an understanding of what I need to do) - but i need to verify if I can add salt now and not affect the balancing of other aspects.

Thanks for your patience in walking me through this.

**Sorry - this is still the OP - I forgot that I had created a new account when I couldn't access my old one for some reason**

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.