Jenny W

Jun 8, 2021
Deer Park, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our 20-yr old concrete deck had to be cut open recently to replace the underground pressure side pipes. The pool is 16*36 with the steps, so the entire length of the work is probably 55-65 feet long in all. We've hired a contractor to come pour new cement soon. We're located in Long Island, NY.

We were originally interested in getting RenuKrete, but we just felt that that's a bit out of our budget. I've heard about epoxy coating but the downside is that it doesn't last and all the imperfections and cracks will show.

I'm not sure what other options are out there that are a bit more affordable. If epoxy is the way to go then it is what it is. I need some suggestions because the deck will look so ugly if we don't do anything about it.

Thank you.

PXL_20230608_195625519.jpg

Last edited:
Our 20-yr old concrete deck had to be cut open recently to replace the underground pressure side pipes. The pool is 16*36 with the steps, so the entire length of the work is probably 55-65 feet long in all. We've hired a contractor to come pour new cement soon. We're located in Long Island, NY.

We were originally interested in getting RenuKrete and quoted $21k. They would start the project after the new cement was cured. But we just felt that that's a bit out of our current budget. I've heard about epoxy coating but the downside is that it doesn't last and all the imperfections and cracks will show.

I'm not sure what other options are out there that are a bit more affordable. If epoxy is the way to go then it is what it is. I need some suggestions because the deck will look so ugly if we don't do anything about it.

Thank you.

View attachment 501736
No type of coatings are very long lasting. Though I’ve heard cooldeck lasts a decently long time but isn’t cheap.

In case anyone is in a similar predicament and wants to know what we did to patch up the ugliness. We hired a mason first to pour concrete and then Renukrete to resurface it. If you're in the Northeast region, look them up. Not cheap but better than epoxy or other options.

P.S. RenuKrete is not an overlay, they create the flagstone look with your existing concrete.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230803-181047~2.png
    Screenshot_20230803-181047~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20230802_113825671.jpg
    PXL_20230802_113825671.jpg
    821.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.