Optimize pool pump for energy saving

Talshum

Dec 10, 2023
Rancho Park, CA
Hi! I have a new pool. 8000 gl ~ (spa and pool combined) with a salt generator. I have Jandy epump (not sure about the model?).
Right now the pump set to: Max 3450 Min 600 Priming 1900 (duration 03) for 8 hours a day.
I'm trying to optimize it that it'll same more energy but will be efficient on the pool as well. How should I set it up?

Thank you!

Run the pump (rpm and time) for a reason. Determine the minimum rpm needed to run the SWCG. Then use that as your base rpm for the time frame you run the pump each day. Then determine the minimum rpm needed to skim the pool surface. Then the rpm needed to provide a spillover.

Do you have an automation system? If so, you then create schedules. The pool mode one would be at the rpm for the SWCG. Then you can create shorter term schedules for skimming (if needed) and spillover (twice a day for 20 minutes or so).

Reactions: Darin
Run the pump (rpm and time) for a reason. Determine the minimum rpm needed to run the SWCG. Then use that as your base rpm for the time frame you run the pump each day. Then determine the minimum rpm needed to skim the pool surface. Then the rpm needed to provide a spillover.

Do you have an automation system? If so, you then create schedules. The pool mode one would be at the rpm for the SWCG. Then you can create shorter term schedules for skimming (if needed) and spillover (twice a day for 20 minutes or so).
How do I figure out all these details?

Depends on your pool and its needs. First item is chlorine generation. How long does your pump need to run to generate the chlorine your pool needs. The amount of chlorine needed each days changes with the seasons. Also skimming. How much debris falls into your pool.