smp_1290

Jun 7, 2023
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I bought the tf-100 and ran a lot of test to make sure I’m doing it right and practice. So after 4 days of testing it and making sure my numbers match. This is what I’m getting.

Ph- 7.2
Chlorine- 5
Alkalinity-90
Fc-6.5
Cc- 0.5
Tc-7
Hardness-225
Cya- a little over 100

Pool stores had me thinking my water was alot worse than it actually was. What levels should I aim for? Also I’ve been using Chlor brite as my shock but just found out that chlor brite will raise your cya levels. Any advice on better shock to use? Thanks for your help.

Do a dilute test for CYA. You will need to drain and refill about 50% of your water likely.
Take pool water and tap water in a 1:1 ratio. Mix well. Use that for your pool water sample and redo the CYA test. Double the result.

Excellent job on getting a good test kit!

The TFP methodology does not include "shocking". You should be chlorinating with either liquid chlorine or a SWCG. You need to do the diluted CYA test, because it's likely north of 100. Even if it was at 100 exactly, the bare minimum FC level is 8. You are well below that. Retest and let us know. You're very likely going to need to do a partial drain.

Reactions: mknauss
Excellent job on getting a good test kit!

The TFP methodology does not include "shocking". You should be chlorinating with either liquid chlorine or a SWCG. You need to do the diluted CYA test, because it's likely north of 100. Even if it was at 100 exactly, the bare minimum FC level is 8. You are well below that. Retest and let us know. You're very likely going to need to do a partial drain.
So don’t use chlorine tabs or shock? I’m new to all of this and just been doing what pool stores wanna charge me to do lmao but it was getting too expensive too fast

Thank you! I didn’t see thank link when I was looking around the site! liquid chlorine also seems to be a lot cheaper then the shock the pool stores sold us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.