Opinion Needed

Jul 13, 2007
I have a 14 year old Pentair Tagelus TA100D (original sand) that has started leaking between the filter body and the adapter buttress. The buttress requires a special tool (like a closed hex wrench) and I'm told that it could damage the filter trying to break it free after 14 years. The o-ring is about $15. The new filter is about $1100 not counting the sand. If I can obtain the special tool or figure out an option, I still may mess something up that makes the filter not usable. Just wondering if anyone has tried to replace the o-ring on a filter this old or if it would be better to replace the whole thing including new sand? I would have to do it myself since almost all the pool companies around here are booked for months and I don't want to keep watering the same spot in my yard. Thanks in advance!20220421_082841.jpg

Last edited:
I've lost so many of the "hex wrenches" that come with those filters I can't keep count. I now use this tool. It works quite well.
Work it slow as there is probably some sand in the threads that will cause it to bind a bit. Not sure what the 3.5" capacity in the description is supposed to be because the strap is plenty long enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.