Opened pool yesterday, tested water today and very surprised with results!

mfaria91

Apr 19, 2023
Rhode Island
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello to all!

I opened my pool up yesterday (May 6) and to my surprise, the water was crystal clear! Vaccumed twice so far and skimmed some tree seeds a few times from the surface. I guess I did a decent job for my first time closing a pool last year. I've been running the pump all day to get the water to circulate and filter through.

I took a sample of my pool water into my garage and tested the water with my new TF-Pro test kit. After following the instructions that came with the kit, these are the results I have:

TA= 80ppm
FC= 6.5ppm
CC= 0ppm
PH= 7.5
CYA= 60ppm
Temp= 61 degrees F

Didn't test for Calcium Hardness yet.

I have not added any chemicals into the pool yet since opening. Is it normal to have the water in good condition after being under the cover for 8 months (since last October)? I assumed the water would have its chemical levels depleted from last year. Don't want to overthink it, but should I just leave the water alone and keep an eye on it by testing every couple of days?

I'm not usually lucky with things in general, so this is taking me by surprise. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Is it normal to have the water in good condition after being under the cover for 8 months (since last October)?
Let's put it this way ...... you crushed it! Perfecto! Don't question success. Just put this one on the calendar as a win and enjoy. :swim:

full

Reactions: mfaria91
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.