Liquid Chlorine
ph - 7.2
FC - 8
CC - 1
TC - 7
CH - 200
TA - 90
CYA - <20

Used the TF100 test kit and using pool math app.

Hi,
Opened the pool and it was green with algae, 20k gal plaster pool. Have been scrubbing everything and removing debris.

The ph was above 8, added acid and brought it down to 7.2.

I have added the remaining stabilizer I had, probably not enough to even bring CYA to 20, will be picking up more today.

I have started the SLAM process yesterday and have been maintaining 10 FC. Just added more bleach to bring it back up to 10 FC after the above tests. Pool went from dark green to teal color now.

I have a Hayward 38sf DE filter. I have taken the filter out and sprayed it clean. Nothing torn or broken. I put the filter back in and my pressure was around 10psi. Added DE and pressure gradually moved up to 20 psi and the return water pressure is very low once it gets up to 20+. Also the water in the window of the pump doesn't seem to be moving as much as does when I first turn the pump on. How long should it take for a filter to need to be backwashed when cleaning a dirty pool? When I backwash it the pressure drops back down but in less than 15 minutes its back to 20+ psi. Should I need to backwash in less than an hour of running? When I backwash I see lots of clear water, then green water for a bit, then back to clear water. The green water accounts for probably 5 to 10 seconds of the 1 min 30 of backwashing. Once pressure rises the return jets are very weak and the skimmers are weak also. I have backwashed probably 6 or 7 times already since yesterday.

Should I keep slamming then bring CYA to normal levels or fix CYA first?

Please help! I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks!

You are doing it right. Yes, filter can get dirty very quickly. Backwash, note clean pressure. When pressure rises 25% backwash again.

Add CYA in the sock to get to 30ppm. Continue to SLAM at 10, 24 hours after sock hits the pool, shift to 12 as your target.

You Got This Good Luck Today GIF by MOODMAN

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.