New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Manual for the SWG says to balance the chemicals first before turning it on.

I added liquid CHL yesterday as my FC level was showing 4.5. My CYA was either 60 or 70 as well.

This morning I tested for FC, CYA and salt.

FC was 6.
CYA was still 60 or 70.
Salt was 2400.

Question now,

Should i add some CYA to be on the safe side? 60 is on very low end, where has 70 or 80 should be ideal.

The salt is low, and i need to add some. The RJ 60 + I have says the ideal level is about 3500 ppm. The pool math Calc says I need about 6 bags worth more. Does this seem correct?

Last, when should I test for PH and TA? I haven't turned on the SWG yet as recommended.

Should i add some CYA to be on the safe side? 60 is on very low end,
No need. It's fine for now. As it warms up more towards summer you can add more if needed.

The salt is low, and i need to add some. The RJ 60 + I have says the ideal level is about 3500 ppm. The pool math Calc says I need about 6 bags worth more. Does this seem correct?
Shoot low. Your module and K-1766 testing will probably never match, so err on the side of low. Try for 3,000. You can always add more if needed.

Last, when should I test for PH and TA? I haven't turned on the SWG yet as recommended.
You will be more vigilant wiht th epH as that changes the quickest as has the most impact on your water and ptential for scale. The TA can be done weekly unless you change a lot of water or are activly trying to change it. If your TA is anywhere in the 60-100 ballpark don't worry about it.

I test my pH about every 2-3 days and add a little acid every 3-4 days just to keep it around 7.7-7.8.

Reactions: summertimesadness
Keep a close eye on your SWCG and check the real time salt ppm reading often. 3500ppm is right where you want to be, getting too high is an issue so go slow now. Test salt ppm with your K-1766 again after several days and use the magnetic stir bar system for best results. The RJ60 calculated salt ppm can bounce around due to water temp and cell scale accumulation so expect some variation but dont make big additions now.

No need. It's fine for now. As it warms up more towards summer you can add more if needed.

Shoot low. Your module and K-1766 testing will probably never match, so err on the side of low. Try for 3,000. You can always add more if needed.
Thanks.

I added 4 bags, which according go to the pool Calc is just a tad over (9lbs) what they say to reach 3000. I'll retest it tomorrow and see where I'm at. Thanks.

Keep a close eye on your SWCG and check the real time salt ppm reading often. 3500ppm is right where you want to be, getting too high is an issue so go slow now. Test salt ppm with your K-1766 again after several days and use the magnetic stir bar system for best results. The RJ60 calculated salt ppm can bounce around due to water temp and cell scale accumulation so expect some variation but dont make big additions now.
Should I still wait till tomorrow or Saturday to turn it on? As I just added another 4 bags and let it mix?

You will be more vigilant wiht th epH as that changes the quickest as has the most impact on your water and ptential for scale. The TA can be done weekly unless you change a lot of water or are activly trying to change it. If your TA is anywhere in the 60-100 ballpark don't worry about it.

I test my pH about every 2-3 days and add a little acid every 3-4 days just to keep it around 7.7-7.8.
Thank you. Should I start testing it now or wait till I get everything else sorted before I dive into that...

Should I still wait till tomorrow or Saturday to turn it on? As I just added another 4 bags and let it mix?
24 hours is fine to let it mix...
Thank you. Should I start testing it now or wait till I get everything else sorted before I dive into that...
You can start testing now, if your FC is below 10. In general, I wouldn't do anything with TA, unless it is below 50. Manage your pH to keep it in the 7s and TA generally will take care of itself.

24 hours is fine to let it mix...

You can start testing now, if your FC is below 10. In general, I wouldn't do anything with TA, unless it is below 50. Manage your pH to keep it in the 7s and TA generally will take care of itself.
Sounds good.

I'll test it in a bit, and report back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As you dial in your water chemistry you will experience the relationship between pH, TA, water temp and CH. Your CSI calculation will be your guide to fine tune your new sanitation system. Test your fill water now also to help anticipate the effect of topping off your pool during the summer months.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.