Opened pool few days ago. First test results question

Mikes57

Aug 31, 2023
Massachusetts
Hi everyone, bought a house with a pool at the end of last summer and only had a few weeks left of the season so just listened to the pool store to get by. I have been trying to absorb as much info as possible from here the last week.
Had someone open our pool on Thursday and received my TF-Pro test kit today.
Here are the results:
PH 7.2
FC 6
CC (here is where my primary question comes in. After adding 5 drops of R-0003 the solution turned back to the slightest shade of pink. After adding 1 drop of R-0871, the solution went back to clear.) so I guess my reading is .5?
CH 150
TA 70
CYA 45

Mostly wondering how big of a deal the CC is. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

In ground vinyl pool, 16x32, 5 ft deep all around
Thanks in advance!

CC (here is where my primary question comes in. After adding 5 drops of R-0003 the solution turned back to the slightest shade of pink. After adding 1 drop of R-0871, the solution went back to clear.) so I guess my reading is .5?
Yep...assuming you are using 10mL sample. Mine is always .5. I don't test it anymore.

Just test your CYA at the lines. Consider your CYA to be 50. Always follow this link, and stay at the top end of the range as you learn your FC demand. Link-->FC/CYA Levels

Leave the pH alone. There are very few times you should use anything to raise pH. If pH is in the 7s, pH is fine, leave it alone. It will rise on its own. With a TA of 70, your pH will likely stabilize around 7.8/7.9. Let it. Don't force it down.

A bit of reading:

Reactions: Mikes57 and pjt