Ool Newbie - Notice there's no "P" in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 100's of Questions - Pool School Extended

1.Do you currently have ANY test kits? NO
2.What does the water look like? A photo will help greatly.
3.Does your filter and pump work correctly? Yes, new pump last season. New internal parts on filter 2 weeks ago complete with fresh sand.
4.What chemicals do you have on hand for Pool Care. Again, photo's if you're not sure what they are help. Only chemicals on hand: bleach and 3" tablets
5.What articles have you read in Pool School? I've read everything twice.

Thank you VERY much for this. Seeing a photo of your pool shows right off the back you're going to need to SLAM the pool. A few more questions for you can continue to help us point you in the right direction.

1. Do you have a test kit on order? If so which one?
2. How in the past have you added chlorine to the pool?

Re: 100's of Questions - Pool School Extended

1.Do you currently have ANY test kits? NO
[/FONT]

Absolute first step. Order a TF-100 test kit (there are other options but this is the most cost effective and what most of us use). There is a link in my signature. Until you have your own good test kit you are running blind and will just get more confused and frustrated.

1. Do you have a test kit on order? If so which one? I ordered the one everyone on here told me to get on 6/13.
2. How in the past have you added chlorine to the pool? I dont know, we just bought the place end of April. There was some HTH bottle left in the pool mechanicals area but we threw it away as it was empty.

1. Do you have a test kit on order? If so which one? I ordered the one everyone on here told me to get on 6/13.
2. How in the past have you added chlorine to the pool? I dont know, we just bought the place end of April. There was some HTH bottle left in the pool mechanicals area but we threw it away as it was empty.

Awesome!

When is your kit due in?

Lee, I too had a problem with all the advice-- much of it bad-- the op was getting. All the do this first, no this first, no this first, was mind boggling. That's why I finally read enough and responded with what I know to be the first thing to do after ordering an adequate test kit, which she's done, but not yet received. And that is to not start slamming until after she's gotten as much of the organic stuff off the bottom of her pool floor to not waste the chlorine almost everyone else was suggesting she do first while waiting for her test kit to arrive.

Thank you once again. I'm going to assume you ordered the TF-100 then. If this isn't the one please let us know, as we'll alter our advice just a small bit. If you ordered on the 13th Dave should have it there middle to late this week. For now, there really isn't a ton we can do without having any idea of your pool waters test results. For now, fire up the sprinklers and let the kids run in the yard a bit. As soon as your kit arrives (should be soon) we can give you step by step advice on helping you out. Continuing the thread as it was will cause you more headaches, which isn't what the TFPC method is about.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you once again. I'm going to assume you ordered the TF-100 then. Yes this is correct.If this isn't the one please let us know, as we'll alter our advice just a small bit. If you ordered on the 13th Dave should have it there middle to late this week. For now, there really isn't a ton we can do without having any idea of your pool waters test results. For now, fire up the sprinklers and let the kids run in the yard a bit. As soon as your kit arrives (should be soon) we can give you step by step advice on helping you out. Continuing the thread as it was will cause you more headaches, which isn't what the TFPC method is about. headache is already here as I smacked and busted open my head on the electrical box after being sprayed in the face by the filter when trying to let the air out.

Thank you once again. I'm going to assume you ordered the TF-100 then. Yes this is correct.If this isn't the one please let us know, as we'll alter our advice just a small bit. If you ordered on the 13th Dave should have it there middle to late this week. For now, there really isn't a ton we can do without having any idea of your pool waters test results. For now, fire up the sprinklers and let the kids run in the yard a bit. As soon as your kit arrives (should be soon) we can give you step by step advice on helping you out. Continuing the thread as it was will cause you more headaches, which isn't what the TFPC method is about. headache is already here as I smacked and busted open my head on the electrical box after being sprayed in the face by the filter when trying to let the air out.

You need
http://www.amazon.com/Krash-Deadhea...&qid=1402949555&sr=8-11&keywords=crash+helmet

And yes I think I'm hilarious. But in all seriousness, be careful out there.

headache is already here as I smacked and busted open my head on the electrical box after being sprayed in the face by the filter when trying to let the air out.

Been there.......done that. We've got a small fish pond right next to our equipment pad, one day while changing the DE I slipped some and fell over backwards right into the pond. Curse words were stated..........

You need
http://www.amazon.com/Krash-Deadhead...s=crash+helmet

And yes I think I'm hilarious. But in all seriousness, be careful out there. You have my sense of humor. I LOL'd lol

Been there.......done that. We've got a small fish pond right next to our equipment pad, one day while changing the DE I slipped some and fell over backwards right into the pond. Curse words were stated.......... Oh dear my poor christain neighbors. They heard every word from the devil's book I'm sure hahaha

OK...

New step one.

POP ... Pool Owner Patience. It comes in soda cans, beer cans and whiskey bottles. Choose your favorite flavor.

We will get you there and answer all of the questions along the way. Take a deep breath and don't overthink it. We will ask you to test, post the results and we will guide you on what to put in. You will then test and post in an hour ... we will guide you again. Rinse and repeat until you get the hang of the slam. ... and so on and so forth until you are comfortable.

Feel better?

I absolutely *love* that you're asking all these questions.

You're going to be a pro by the time this SLAM is done and you'll probably be jumping in on someone else's thread to assure them that it can be done and it's confusing at first but you did it and so can they. I just know it.

Sorry about the headache! :(
Maybe the pool is misbehaving because it doesn't want to be told what to do. :p Too bad pool, she's gonna show you who's in charge headache or not! :D

uruseres.jpg

So what would one say is wrong here? It was hanging from the side of the pool ...

Also, opened the skimmer today and there were thousand of bugs in there ... Ummmm ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.